What do you use for your own health insurance? & What would you recommend for my situation?

An insurance agent willing to buy a non insurance product? Eat what you cook.

My other option is an ACA plan for $2k that none of the doctors want to accept. I’m screwed either way. My pre-ACA plan has been going strong for 12 years now so I should be ok.

Unless you have kids, 2k for ACA HMO Bronze HSA would be too high of a price quote. I get the HMO no doctor accepts thing, but neither do doctors take Medishare. I hired my daughter, got a small group PPO, better priced then ACA HMO, but I still pay $1700/mo for family of 4 for HSA. Got to protect those assets you are building.

Unless you have kids, 2k for ACA HMO Bronze HSA would be too high of a price quote. I get the HMO no doctor accepts thing, but neither do doctors take Medishare. I hired my daughter, got a small group PPO, better priced then ACA HMO, but I still pay $1700/mo for family of 4 for HSA. Got to protect those assets you are building.

I need to move to Arizona

Its $2K for me and the hubby on a $3K 100% PPO. Welcome to Texas.

Your use of the phrase "going back to University" makes me wonder if you are a citizen or not. Mist citizens of the US would say "my wife is going back to school" and there may be options for you which are different for citizens.

Or perhaps OP was just able to do some schooling at an English university like Oxford or Cambridge and the experience is still recent enough those speech patterns still stick.

I have a Fl blue ppo pre-ACA plan. If that ever was canceled, I would probably purchase Medishare.

My wife doesn’t work (takes care of our baby) and we don’t qualify for a subsidy.
I'm in a very similar situation. Had medishare for several years, worked well.
But, recently switched to an off exchange plan with Florida Blue (I think that is what it is referred to anyway, I'm not super up-to-date on the under 65 crowd), it doesn't have any ACA subsidies.
but it is HSA compatible, which I love. As a higher income person, you may want to seriously consider this, as the contributions to the HSA will lower your taxable income, and save you a lot of money at the end of the year. It is the main reason I switched from Medishare to Florida Blue
---
Oh, I read your post wrong, you said "probably would switch to medishare"
either way, the HSA is a powerful tax planning tool

Im paying $300 a month

Are you saying you pay $2k/month for two people?

Yep.
1. TX does not have a PPO available to individuals
2. Even though I am mediocre, I am not subsidy eligible
3. Its a $3K OOP. Which is cheaper over 12 months, premium x12 plus $3K vs a higher OOP. And I hit the OOP by April at the latest every year.

Texas. Where the rates are high, the uninsured rate is at 20% and no one wants to see the correlation because we would have to expand Medicaid and help poor people. The HORRORS.

Back