What Insurance Companies do you recommend working from home?

@Life Hawk
It sounds like you have been in the insurance business for awhile and know what you're talking about!
How did you get started in the insurance business? It's hard being a newbie in this business and not having a mentor to show me the ropes! Anyway I know that I need to jump in and get started.

@Life Hawk
It sounds like you have been in the insurance business for awhile and know what you're talking about!
How did you get started in the insurance business? It's hard being a newbie in this business and not having a mentor to show me the ropes! Anyway I know that I need to jump in and get started.

I started like most agents haven't. I sold cancer and accident plans door to door. I took a street (no names list) and just cold knocked unknown doors. Sound scary... well it was! Had a family to feed so off I went. I'm wound a little different the average guy. :laugh:

My start in this profession taught me a few very important things very quickly.

1. The importance of knowing what you are going to say, regardless of what the prospect says.
  2. Over coming the fear that causes most agents to wash out.
  3. Meeting total strangers and building trust as fast as possible.
  4. Giving up is a daily thing at first, after giving up, start all over again... moment by moment, day by day, crappy prospect by crappy prospect.
  5. You are your own worst enemy, and the double speak in your head is a bunch of lies.
  6. People skills aren't an option, they are a must.
I've learned that the profession is much more about the psychology of the sale then the product knowledge. It's like a sandwich, Psychology/Product Knowledge/ Psychology.

I would strongly suggest you find another agent to follow for a day or so to watch what they do. (A good agent.) That would cause your learning curve to flatten very quickly.

I started like most agents haven't. I sold cancer and accident plans door to door. I took a street (no names list) and just cold knocked unknown doors. Sound scary... well it was! Had a family to feed so off I went. I'm wound a little different the average guy. :laugh:

1. The importance of knowing what you are going to say, regardless of what the prospect says.
  4. Giving up is a daily thing at first, after giving up, start all over again... moment by moment, day by day, crappy prospect by crappy prospect.
  5. You are your own worst enemy, and the double speak in your head is a bunch of lies.
I've learned that the profession is much more about the psychology of the sale then the product knowledge. It's like a sandwich, Psychology/Product Knowledge/ Psychology.

I would strongly suggest you find another agent to follow for a day or so to watch what they do. (A good agent.) That would cause your learning curve to flatten very quickly.
What company did you start with? Combined?

Good stuff.

Back