What is the Best Way to Get Referrals?

This is not just a plug. It's a system I have been using personally and the response from everyone who is on the receiving end is always great.

While I'd have to agree the probably the most effective way to get referrals is right after your client has written you a check, the best way I've found is simply by plugging them in to a proven referral generating system that is fully automated for every single one of your clients.

I heard stories of very successful insurance agents having developed an automated referral system, and did more research .

"Have you ever heard of Joe Girard? Joe was a car salesperson who worked at a Chevrolet dealership in Detroit, Michigan. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Joe sold more retail automobiles for 12 consecutive years on a one-on-one basis, than anyone else in the world. All of Joe’s business came from referrals. What was Joe’s secret?

Joe developed a system of staying in contact with his customers and potential clients. Every phone call or personal contact he made, Joe would write down on a file card any relevant information. He then sent everybody on his list a unique greeting card every single month! These weren't high pressure sales letters, just friendly reminders to let people know that he was thinking about them.

In fact, Joe sent out nearly 16,000 hand written greeting cards per month to his customers, with the help of two assistants, celebrating anything from Halloween to Groundhog Day. Imagine that...16,000 greeting cards a month.

Do you think that Joe would spend that much money, time, and effort on sending handwritten, heartfelt greeting cards if he didn't absolutely know that they worked? Of Course NOT !

Joe's S-Y-S-T-E-M was so successful his sales were audited! Joe's amazing results from sending appreciation via greeting cards are truly mind boggling. During his fifteen year selling career, he sold 13,001 new cars and trucks, all at retail - no fleet, wholesale or used vehicles*.
* Audited by the accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche

That's nearly 4 cars sold PER DAY .... each and every day for 12 years consecutive ...

Think about that again for a moment... then, Joe's secret was sending out cards! "

Now, you're asking "Is this a shameless plug?" Absolutely. This program works, works for me and my agents, and works in every field in which it has been tried. Are people paid referrals for sharing this referral system? Absolutely.

It takes less than 5 minutes each to put your new insurance client in your automated referral marketing program. You can drip on them every other month for two years for only $12 total! You'll never forget their birthday or policy anniversary - it's all automated!

I was granted access to the specific campaign of referral cards geared toward insurance agents, and can share it with anyone interested in it, too.

• Client Nurturing
  • Prospecting
  • Lead Warming / X-Date Follow Up
  • Automated Campaigns
  • Cross Selling Campaigns (Medicare/Final Expense, etc.)
  • Testimonial Request Letters
  • Thank You / Appreciation to New & Renewal Clients
  • Referral Marketing / Referral Contests
If you want to see a demo of how this works, let me know and I can walk you through it. You can send yourself a card for free and see the quality of what our clients receive..

Here's a P&C agent walking through setting up a client for automated follow-ups:
YouTube - The Ultimate Insurance Marketing System Video

There is no better "system". Sure, you could send out cards and letters personally yourself, but you'd pay more. The automated system I'm talking about costs about $1 per card. If you look at the greeting card store, you'll find cards from $2.50 - $5.00.
  • The cards with this system can be in your own handwriting, but still you don't have to write every card
  • The cards have your own real signature.. sign once and the rest is automatic
  • You can include your picture on the cards (logo, smiling face, etc.) to really personalize them..
If you want a walk through of it, let me know.

The company has been around for years and you might have taken a look at it years ago. It now has 16,000 cards to choose from or you can simply use the ones designed just for insurance agent referrals (I can get you those). You can import your entire database or selected clients automatically and plug them into your follow-up system! I can show you how to make this work with ACT, Outlook, etc. etc.

A very successful agent once told me, "The Fortune's in the Follow Up".

There is an audio CD and workbook on this referral system for insurance agents that I can send you, too, FREE when you join the program...here's the description of that program:

YouTube - The Ultimate Insurance Marketing System Birthday Cards
BDAY.gif

(This Birthday Card Referral Marketing System program is FREE for insurance agents that sign up through me..)

My son just started high school this past week, using the PicturePlus feature in the card system, I sent him this(below).

I found an old picture of him as a baby and added the thought bubble and background (that eliminated my messy office from the photo).. Of course I sent this as a postcard from within the system, so that EVERYBODY can see the baby picture!

This system is awesome...
CJCard.jpg

CW

Is there any cost at all directly or indirectly to this system you are not "plugging" on this forum

Is there any cost at all directly or indirectly to this system you are not "plugging" on this forum

Never said I was not plugging it. I said it was not "just" a plug.
Of course there's a cost to any system that would send out cards in the mail to your clients on an automated basis. In what world would such a system be free? The difference, though, is that it costs about $1 each to send out a real card to their mailbox instead of the $2 to $4.95 a card from the store would cost...and that's before you take the time to drive to the store (and gas), then go buy stamps, then take the time to handwrite everything and go put it in the mail (if you remember to mail it).

With this system, again, it's about $1 and takes less than a minute - all online with no driving. The client gets a beautiful, real greeting card in the mail, stamped with 1st class postage. On the automated follow-up systems, you just drop their name in one time and the rest is fully automated. You could follow up every year for 4+ years, etc.. with just one entry of their information..

CW

Uhh, Daytona Guy . . . that is not my link I posted. Just one I found.

I don't hawk products to other members.

But I guess if you don't want to pay $1997 you can get it for $97.

Uhh, Daytona Guy . . . that is not my link I posted. Just one I found.

I don't hawk products to other members.

But I guess if you don't want to pay $1997 you can get it for $97.

I know it wasn't your link - same system - same product but, you're right, that site charges $1,997 for it. I send it to other agents for free when they sign up with Send out Cards through my link.. with help with getting it set up for insurance agents.

As for "hawking products to other members", it absolutely works for following up and getting more referrals. If you'd rather go pay $1,997 for it, be my guest - but you don't have to.

You just have to be really creative on the way you approach your clients. Make an open conversation and be as accommodating as can be. Do make follow ups and be very familiar with each client so as they will feel important to you.

Back