What Kind of Car Do You Drive?

I drive a 2005 Volvo s40 safari green Great gas mileage young professional look Looking maybe next year to get a new used one or move up to the s80

If you drive a fancy car, people may think...

1. You are very good at your job, have lots of happy clients, and are generally successful/know what you're doing.

2. I over-pay for my insurance premiums so you can drive a BMW?!?!

haha

If you drive a fancy car, people may think...

1. You are very good at your job, have lots of happy clients, and are generally successful/know what you're doing.

2. I over-pay for my insurance premiums so you can drive a BMW?!?!

haha

Years ago I lived next to physician and while his wife had a status car, his ride was a flatbed Ford he'd had since college. He always told me his hobby was keeping it running. And it was. In his rare hours of time off he'd be out in the garage, radio going, tinkering away. Down to earth guy.

He did splurge on single malt peated whisky.

Who needs a car when you're a pajama broker? Let's talk about who has the best office chair. My lazy boy office chair was my best purchase EVER!! 8 yrs, still going strong, never a pain in my arse.

Last edited:
Do you find that your car helps or hurts the impression your prospects have of you?

I think it could work both way's. I am Mennonite and "most", not all, Mennonites are very conservative and would not drive a super expensive car or a car like a BMX, Mercedes, etc. A lot of people I deal with on a daily basis are Mennonite business owners. COULD HURT!?!?

The agency that I sell commercial insurance through is one of Dave Ramsey's ELPs? Pulling up in a $100,000 vehicle COULD HURT!?!?

If I was offering life insurance to billionaires, sport's stars. etc. pulling up in a 2013 Ferrari may make me look successful in their eyes. COULD HELP!?!?

Back