What Kind of Car Do You Drive?

What does it really matter what car one drives if it gets you there and back and if you are doing well at what you do?

What does it really matter what car one drives if it gets you there and back and if you are doing well at what you do?

When I was hiring agent years ago. One thing I always did was take them to lunch and had them drive. You can know a lot about what a person is really about by the inside of their car. Garbage dirty etc left a pretty bad Impression. Tey didn't have to have a new or expensive car. But if it was clean and maintained. That was ok
Like has been said has to get you there and back
Don't drive up in a foreign/luxury car to a union members home or work. I did that and it took a bit to overcome that

omg, i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would say that we live in a land that brand names equal success in some people's eyes, including potential clients. I agree with you and if someone doesn't want to do business with me because I drive a 2007 Ford Taurus I couldn't care less. But if I had 1 million dollars to invest somewhere and the guy pulled up in a rusted out Pinto, I would probably be a little concerned.

Last edited:
When I was hiring agent years ago. One thing I always did was take them to lunch and had them drive. You can know a lot about what a person is really about by the inside of their car. Garbage dirty etc left a pretty bad Impression. Tey didn't have to have a new or expensive car. But if it was clean and maintained. That was ok
Like has been said has to get you there and back
Don't drive up in a foreign/luxury car to a union members home or work. I did that and it took a bit to overcome that
Good point and observation. The inside of some people's looks like a garbage can.

Who needs a car when you're a pajama broker? Let's talk about who has the best office chair. My lazy boy office chair was my best purchase EVER!! 8 yrs, still going strong, never a pain in my arse.

ditto.
i never have to leave the house.

2012 Chrysler 300 or my wifes Jeep Grand Cherokee. American cars that are nice enough that I never feel out of place at a nice restaurant or country club but under $30k so clients are not put off.

To get this back on track, yes your car matters.

I contacted a contractor yesterday about a job. I tell him my address and he changes it from South to North and gets completely lost so is 30 minutes late. Then he pulls up in an old sedan and parks well away from the house.

Any guesses on if he will get the job?

Back