What Quantity of FE Leads Do You Work Weekly

bboman23

601-938-7663 - [email protected]
5000 Post Club
Mississippi
I'm new to the forum but have not seen a thread talking about this yet. If there is one, forgive me, but...for those final expense agents out there like myself that buys leads (tele marketed, mailers, ect) ...how many do you buy weekly and what is your overage close ratio?

I'm new to the forum but have not seen a thread talking about this yet. If there is one, forgive me, but...for those final expense agents out there like myself that buys leads (tele marketed, mailers, ect) ...how many do you buy weekly and what is your overage close ratio?

That is a very good question. It may be the first time I've seen it asked.

Now, keep in mind that I do very little FE sales, but in the past I have bought telemarketed leads. They get somebody on the phone and ask if it's okay for an agent to call them back with a quote. The person agrees. Etc.
If one were to purchase 20 per week @ $18-$22/each, they say you should be able to close 15% of them on average. Coming out to 3 out of those 20 (on average).
I bought 4 or 5 batches of 20 over the past couple of years (once again, FE in not my main field) and found those number pretty much on target. Closed roughly 15-20%.

That is what I am doing. 20 per lead and 20-25 leads a week. I can close 6-8 on average from those. I am seriously thinking about increasing it to 50 weekly. One reason for 50 is because I get a discount for 50 which makes them cheaper than buying 40. I find with 20-25 i'm done in about 2 to 3 days since I call and set appts. Buying more leads will allow a full week and if the numbers stay the same, I will more than make my money back plus a good bit more

That is what I am doing. 20 per lead and 20-25 leads a week. I can close 6-8 on average from those. I am seriously thinking about increasing it to 50 weekly. One reason for 50 is because I get a discount for 50 which makes them cheaper than buying 40. I find with 20-25 i'm done in about 2 to 3 days since I call and set appts. Buying more leads will allow a full week and if the numbers stay the same, I will more than make my money back plus a good bit more

Sounds like a winning plan. i don't see any reason not to at least try it and see the numbers.

Have a plan and work it. I don't do exclusive FE either but it is part of my mix and I do it much like tins. Most agents don't work their plan long enogh for it to bear fruit.

I only prospect/get leads for FE. I work 15 per week because that's the minimum order with EFES.

I would not recommend that for a new agent. At least 20 per week until you find your numbers.

By that I mean you should always work backwards from your weekly ap goal in order to detwrmine how many leads to get.

Whatever your goal is, let's just say it's $2500/wk ap. And let's just say your average is $500 per app. That means you need 5 apps per week to meet your goal. How many sits does it take you to write 5 apps? Then, finally, how many leads does it take for you get that many sits?

As a new agent you won't know these numbers so you can't work it backwards. It will take you 3-6 months to have a handle on your numbers. If you are completely new to insurance it will take longer.

20 per week is a good start. many new agents take 25 per week. This is, if they can get them. Many new agents can't pay for 25 per week even if available.

That is an excellent idea. I'm not new to final expense. been doing it for 6 years. Just thinking about getting more leads because I sale about 6 on average out of 20 and have plenty if time left in the week to work more. Going to try to buy more do I can go from writing 3 to 4k a week to maybe 6 to 8k

Back