What to Do When You Get "No's"

100kinssales

Expert
To all you new beginners out there, I thought I'd offer you one of the KEY pointers you need to understand when you get the "no's" in business.

Here's it is..Are you ready?

Whenever you get a no, don't take it personally!

Every great saleman will tell you that the only way to get to the yes's is to get through the no's.

It took me a long time to learn this initially, but once you get over the fear of someone saying no, you will be set free to break out as a first class insurance salesman.

When someone says no, if you take it personally and feel rejected by them as a person, you will probably not make many sales. You may even lash out or just go around down on yourself all the time.

Here are a couple of tips for handling those all to familiar "no's":

1. When you get a no, take a few minutes to talk to a mentor and see what you could have done differently.

2. Make mental adjustments to the appointment where you need to improve.

3. Let the feelings of frustration out from not getting the sale for 1-2 minutes.

4. Quickly move to action. Take action in getting your next appointment or making that next call. The quickest way to get over a no is to get a yes!

A recommended reading: "Go for No" by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz.

I remember this one guy telling me how he got over the no's. He just got sick and tired of being sick and tired. When he did B to B prospecting he would just walk in like he owned the place, tell the owner what he did and set an appointment.

Sometimes it worked and some times it didn't. Then another reasoning I heard was the biggest sale made is getting a woman to marry you. You have to go through some no's to get to a yes.. It's a numbers game..

I remember this one guy telling me how he got over the no's. He just got sick and tired of being sick and tired. When he did B to B prospecting he would just walk in like he owned the place, tell the owner what he did and set an appointment.

Sometimes it worked and some times it didn't. Then another reasoning I heard was the biggest sale made is getting a woman to marry you. You have to go through some no's to get to a yes.. It's a numbers game..

I wish I got more no's on the proposal...I got two yes's and if the first had been a no it would have saved me a "Major Chargeback" much worse than any insurance chargeback I have ever had :)

I wish I got more no's on the proposal...I got two yes's and if the first had been a no it would have saved me a "Major Chargeback" much worse than any insurance chargeback I have ever had :)

As Rick would say, "Begin with the end in mind." ;)

Back