What was your first AEP like?

Ok then no reason to get upset though

actually reread it I see what you are saying now, I am sorry just missed that part

Sometimes reading forum while multitasking you miss stuff thought it read different such as I would say the state meant like this clearly not what you said though

I'm not upset. Just pointing out where you either misinterpreted me or overlooked what I said. Then I found it humorous you quoted me saying the exact thing you said I didn't say.

The Medicare line must be in the first 60 seconds . This is why it’s imperative for all agents to be a member of nahu . They fight for the agent . All our livelihoods are on the line . I assure you Medicare the big fat elephant in the budget will be attacked in the years to come . I’ll be er stop selling life ins . When the govt involved anything can happen .

Back on topic, my first AEP in 2008 was a mess! My appointing paperwork got lost or screwed up at UHC and it was mid November before I could get started. I got Wham-Bam driveby training and never understood the CRM software till January or February. I let my manager talk me into a WalMart booth and that was a total waste of time. Not believing in something for nothing, I didn't have a lot of confidence in MA plans. I probably sold around ten, including my wife. When she had open heart surgery out-of-network the following August and didn't get the bill till October for $1200, I felt confident selling the plans. In the long run, it's all worked out so no regrets.

The Medicare line must be in the first 60 seconds.

Crazy. Hm. I wonder how fast we can record it and have it play as part of our phone system as an intro message.... Kinda like the NMLS disclaimers on radio....

Re: print... I think I saw somewhere that the font had to be 12 point. Who puts disclaimers in 12 point?!?

I really haven't gotten into the weeds on this yet.

It will prevent 0 shady sales. Zero.

The Medicare line must be in the first 60 seconds . This is why it’s imperative for all agents to be a member of nahu . They fight for the agent . All our livelihoods are on the line . I assure you Medicare the big fat elephant in the budget will be attacked in the years to come . I’ll be er stop selling life ins . When the govt involved anything can happen .

I will give NAHU my money after they get Under 65 commish out from the MLR calculations and not 1 minute before. Our lobbying group rolled over in 2012 and I have a long memory.

All they do is bitch to CMS and CMS ignores them

I appreciate everyone's replies so far! I appreciate when agents are transparent and willing to share and I think it's important in this business to look after and set expectations for the youngin-s like myself. You hear about "pension for life" but not the 10,000 steps it took to get there, with AEP being a major part of that.

Crazy. Hm. I wonder how fast we can record it and have it play as part of our phone system as an intro message.... Kinda like the NMLS disclaimers on radio....

For those interested -- I checked my Zoho CRM which I use for calls (I use Twilio).

It does have a way for us to insert an audio file to be played before the phone rings. Similar to how when you call places and it says, "this call may be recorded" etc etc.

I do think that our best route is to simply integrate it into the system, then we don't have to think about it - and if it's read quickly then we should be good and not annoy the clients.

I would think that other systems have similar options. I like this solution because it can be out-of-sight out-of-mind and they hear the disclaimer before I even pick up the phone.

I can also make a note to be sure to say it on an outbound call but rarely will I do an outbound call who didn't 1st call me... i.e. I don't think we have to say it each and every time we talk to them.... if they called me Friday and it was said, but we do their app on Monday, we should be good....

For those interested -- I checked my Zoho CRM which I use for calls (I use Twilio).

It does have a way for us to insert an audio file to be played before the phone rings. Similar to how when you call places and it says, "this call may be recorded" etc etc.

I do think that our best route is to simply integrate it into the system, then we don't have to think about it - and if it's read quickly then we should be good and not annoy the clients.

I would think that other systems have similar options. I like this solution because it can be out-of-sight out-of-mind and they hear the disclaimer before I even pick up the phone.

I can also make a note to be sure to say it on an outbound call but rarely will I do an outbound call who didn't 1st call me... i.e. I don't think we have to say it each and every time we talk to them.... if they called me Friday and it was said, but we do their app on Monday, we should be good....

From what I understand its the first phone call,1st thing said in the first phone call

But honestly think it will become more flexible then that

I remember when it had to do inbound for MA app, Used to tell people when it was time to do app call me back for the inbound requirement and we will do app when we are that point

I could deal with that being the time I could deal with making them call in at time of the app and doing recording then

Back