What was your first AEP like?

I wrote about 25 my first AEP.

I was a carrier rep for 7 years so I knew the product and industry really well. But my marketing knowledge was all theoretical so it took me awhile to figure that out for me.

I know other agents with better marketing early write more than I did even if they don’t have the same product or industry knowledge.

Ah but your missing the main thing You have to tell them they go to medicare.... or call 800 medicare to review all thier options

if that was not there it would be super easy

I don't think the point is as much saying we don't represent them all but that we have to give out all there contact info

You're absolutely right. However, I'm starting to come around to it as a positive. Please call Medicare, and see how long you're on hold. Please use plan-finder. See how quickly you get dropped from a plan. What you get from me is someone to call and answer within 2-3 rings. At worst I call back within an hour.

I have one company in MI that drops people every single year but keeps being shown in the plan finder. It's an opportunity to show the customer service aspect of what you offer. If they don't respect what you offer, screw em. They'll come back later.. if not, less headache.

Secondly, my plan follows a conversation period. Most people do not know what they want. Once they say MAPD or we move to PDP, I stop the call, do the scope, ask them if I can call back and record. You can't really do a sales call without a scope anyway.

I'm not giving any shade to you, Vic. I'm just going to make the following comment for historical purposes.

You have three options here:

1) Stop selling MAPD/PDP
2) Adapt and figure out how you're going to make it work for you.
3) Just do it and complain/feel miserable about it.

It sucks.. so does getting a scope... I would rather do it and a client get good information vs not selling and a client calling the Joe's (or an inferior agent) and getting bad information.

From what I understand its the first phone call,1st thing said in the first phone call

First minute of a sales call. Granted, that will effect people that do outbound more than inbound. However, still, unless you're calling specifically for MAPD/PDP, you don't know the call. There's no reason to record if you don't know the call until you do. It's that easy.

The carrier is only enforcing this during a complaint, I'm pretty sure. Their goal will always be, "did you do this correctly during this call?"

You're absolutely right. However, I'm starting to come around to it as a positive. Please call Medicare, and see how long you're on hold. Please use plan-finder. See how quickly you get dropped from a plan. What you get from me is someone to call and answer within 2-3 rings. At worst I call back within an hour.

I have one company in MI that drops people every single year but keeps being shown in the plan finder. It's an opportunity to show the customer service aspect of what you offer. If they don't respect what you offer, screw em. They'll come back later.. if not, less headache.

Secondly, my plan follows a conversation period. Most people do not know what they want. Once they say MAPD or we move to PDP, I stop the call, do the scope, ask them if I can call back and record. You can't really do a sales call without a scope anyway.

I'm not giving any shade to you, Vic. I'm just going to make the following comment for historical purposes.

You have three options here:

1) Stop selling MAPD/PDP
2) Adapt and figure out how you're going to make it work for you.
3) Just do it and complain/feel miserable about it.

It sucks.. so does getting a scope... I would rather do it and a client get good information vs not selling and a client calling the Joe's (or an inferior agent) and getting bad information.

I could spin it, Clients No issue, the Scott T65 mailer no problem any good inbound No Problem

If Could live off just that No problem But I just cant get that going strong enough it is great supplement to other things

But Still need outbound type stuff weather Facebook internet or mailer leads any of these are a doing multiple ads and getting calls from many

and are looking for a reason to get off the phone in the first minute

So that being the first line is a problem, But doing it at app time or at some point in the conversation not an issue

I find it easy to talk about once trust in earned

First minute of a sales call. Granted, that will effect people that do outbound more than inbound. However, still, unless you're calling specifically for MAPD/PDP, you don't know the call. There's no reason to record if you don't know the call until you do. It's that easy.

The carrier is only enforcing this during a complaint, I'm pretty sure. Their goal will always be, "did you do this correctly during this call?"

Yea You know I am less and less concerned

Will figure it out, I doubt it will remain like that I am sure it will end up as long as its mentioned early on I sure there will be some flexibility or a way to have some flexibility to get at leas t some trust before

besides that everyone will need to do it

I could spin it, Clients No issue, the Scott T65 mailer no problem any good inbound No Problem

If Could live off just that No problem But I just cant get that going strong enough it is great supplement to other things

But Still need outbound type stuff weather Facebook internet or mailer leads any of these are a doing multiple ads and getting calls from many

and are looking for a reason to get off the phone in the first minute

So that being the first line is a problem, But doing it at app time or at some point in the conversation not an issue

I find it easy to talk about once trust in earned

Switch up marketing. I revamped my letters with Scott. It's in every single letter. It's in my Medigap quoter (although it doesn't have to be.) It's in my email sig.

For Facebook, put it in the lead's disclaimer section or Thank you section after they submit the lead. I promise you, I thought a lot about this.. to the point that I was thinking to go to a carrier. Just remember that even with outbound, it's not an issue until you they move to solidifying MAPD or PDP. You have to sign a scope.

My response would be like this, "Hey, I know you decided on MAPD. I can't talk about specific programs without this SOA. I'm going to send it to you. As soon as you sign it, I'll give you a call back; but Medicare requires that the conversation be recorded. Is that okay?"

Will you get someone bail? Yes.

Would you really want to fight with those people? That's something you have to decide.

Switch up marketing. I revamped my letters with Scott. It's in every single letter. It's in my Medigap quoter (although it doesn't have to be.) It's in my email sig.

For Facebook, put it in the lead's disclaimer section or Thank you section after they submit the lead. I promise you, I thought a lot about this.. to the point that I was thinking to go to a carrier. Just remember that even with outbound, it's not an issue until you they move to solidifying MAPD or PDP. You have to sign a scope.

My response would be like this, "Hey, I know you decided on MAPD. I can't talk about specific programs without this SOA. I'm going to send it to you. As soon as you sign it, I'll give you a call back; but Medicare requires that the conversation be recorded. Is that okay?"

Will you get someone bail? Yes.

Would you really want to fight with those people? That's something you have to decide.

1st I don't think the disclaimer on ads will be issue at all every ad will have it

2nd going with your thought I think I will do the same every call I don't know where it will go but when I get to the point they decide they want to talk about MA plans going into the quote as I am pulling up plans, I def would be a lot more comfortable then 1st 30 seconds of phone call

I doubt any would bail because of that at that point

Back