What Would You Recommend for the First Update to Sales Techniques

Re: What Would You Recommend for the First Update to Sales Techni

Agents are always learning new sales techniques and ways to help their clients.

I really don't think there are any "new sales techniques". Most books try to doll up the existing ones and try to make them sound "new".

There are, however, all sorts of "gimmicks" that people preach. In my opinion they are pretty much crap. The professional agents I know don't use the gimmicks and tricks. They educate using good sound logic. Why would an agent want to "trick" a prospect into buying something?

Any professional agent should be an expert on not only his products but his competitions. It's agents who are selling an inferior product that need the hype and gimmicks.

Take what you are doing that is working for you and see how you can improve upon it. You should know the things that turn a prospect on by now. You should also know they things you have tried that didn't work.

As the agencies biggest asset you should already know how to improve upon what you are doing. Is it an agency of more than one? :D

You are an individual, don't try to emulate someone else who isn't you. A definite formula for failure.

I really don't think there are any "new sales techniques". Most books try to doll up the existing ones and try to make them sound "new".

There are, however, all sorts of "gimmicks" that people preach. In my opinion they are pretty much crap. The professional agents I know don't use the gimmicks and tricks. They educate using good sound logic. Why would an agent want to "trick" a prospect into buying something?

Any professional agent should be an expert on not only his products but his competitions. It's agents who are selling an inferior product that need the hype and gimmicks.

Take what you are doing that is working for you and see how you can improve upon it. You should know the things that turn a prospect on by now. You should also know they things you have tried that didn't work.

As the agencies biggest asset you should already know how to improve upon what you are doing. Is it an agency of more than one? :D

You are an individual, don't try to emulate someone else who isn't you. A definite formula for failure.

A lot of my business thus far has come from referrals because people know me as a rather caring and intelligent guy. However, these people are already in the market to buy. I'm looking, in terms of techniques, of ways to more effectively prospect rather than having people come to me. Maybe I was asking the wrong question? I mean I know the different marketing options but feel like I'm not the best I can be at utilizing these options when I have people willing to lend an ear. A good marketing avenue is crap, IMO, if the agent can't use them effectively and get in the door.

I think of selling like cooking; you can learn it by observing others, reading a book, taking a class, figuring it out on your own, and etc. If you want to expand on these skills, you do the same. However, figuring it out on your own might not be the most efficient way of doing it starting off.

I do understand what you're saying though Frank and am not arguing with you. I think I just need to find a few more ways on how to get myself into the door with people and then show them I know what I'm doing and care for the client. Does that make more sense?

But I'm not trying to argue until I hear what I want to hear, if you have any particular suggestions or feedback, please let me know.

And to address part of what you mentioned: I don't think I'm looking for "new" techniques, rather an expansion of the "current" ones for my inventory. :D

Last edited:

Go watch all the video clips of ben affleck from boiler room, then go make some phone calls. Seriously.

Back