What would you sell if Health Insurance went away?

I tell you - I'd really be depressed. For me, I can't imagine a more perfect business then being an independent health agent. It's an in-demand product, marketing is relatively easy, no inventory to deal with, no money to deal with, no employees, no large business expenses, almost zero start-up capital needed, realistic six figure income, total independence to work/take off when I want, no nights/weekends.

To me nothing else even comes close.

I agree John, this business is awsome! And I have never sold for advanced commissions. I'm going to stick my toe into that "advanced commission" lake, I am looking into another state to market Assurant (outside California). Some annual advances would be a nice kick. To get back to the original thread, if Health & Senior business dried up, I'd probably get more involved with DI and Group DI along with voluntary products.

I just wish CO had some fish.

When I was a kid, someone from my neighborhood took me fishing at the most amazing lake in the world.

We drove to the top of Berthoud pass and parked at the visitors center. We then walked about 20 minutes or so along the road until we came to some spot, and started hiking down the mountain. About 30 minutes later, we came to a crystal clear lake where you could literally see the fish swimming around. It looked like Hanging Lake, except it had no tourists.

The fishing was awesome, and every once in a while, a cloud passed by and swallowed us up... Let me tell you, it is hard to reel in a fish when the visibility is Zero.

I tried a few times and I have never been able to find that lake again.

I would sell leads to agents. I wouls lie about quality, and exclusivitity, and also I would resell them to netquote, then when the complaints come in, I would just change the name of the company...LOL! Why not! everyone else does!!!!!!!!!

JK Everyone.......seriously..I would probably get an insude sales job sellinf software or something, at least that industry will probably be around for a while without government regulation, and chargebacks...

Back