When someone needs Part B, do you help or no?

ValeRosso

Guru
For instance, a prospect of mine told me him and his wife needs “Plan B” because his wife is retiring and they’re losing coverage. I offered to help because they clearly need it (but now I’m second guessing myself for offering). I was just going to go online with them and help them apply for Part B, then go over their medical choices and select a plan.

How do you deal with this?

For instance, a prospect of mine told me him and his wife needs “Plan B” because his wife is retiring and they’re losing coverage. I offered to help because they clearly need it (but now I’m second guessing myself for offering). I was just going to go online with them and help them apply for Part B, then go over their medical choices and select a plan.

How do you deal with this?

I always offer to help anyone that needs Part B. However, I usually just send a link with instructions and ask them to call me if they get stuck. I have learned that doing stuff like that can be very time consuming. So, if I can't help them by phone quickly, I will usually refer them to SSA and then just follow-up later.

I made up instructions in a word file and saved it. I send the prospect the instructions along with both Forms to fill out. that’s it.
FYI- my instructions tell them to let me know when they send the forms in. After that, I have them attend one of my educational webinars, or I do a 1on1 webinar for them. Then, sign them up once approved for Medicare.

I find that helping enroll them in Part A & B, or, just Part B, they are cemented to you for their Med Supp & Part D. Anyone can sell a Med Supp. Helping with enrollment in Medicare and Part D is what separates us from the 10,000 other agents after their business. Because of Covid, everything can be done online.

Just help them do it. At least up to the point where they have their username and password in their hands to tap into the electronic application.

The hardest and time consuming part is finding out what their login information on a non-tech savvy person because chances are one of their relatives already created an account for them years ago and that information has disappeared. You just need to find the username yourself with basic info and then shoot them the reset password email, granted they still have access to that original email address.

After that, send them [EXTERNAL LINK] - Apply for Benefits, Social Security and it's intuitive from there.

I find that helping enroll them in Part A & B, or, just Part B, they are cemented to you for their Med Supp & Part D. Anyone can sell a Med Supp. Helping with enrollment in Medicare and Part D is what separates us from the 10,000 other agents after their business. Because of Covid, everything can be done online.

100%

Also, helping with PDP and suggesting creative ways to save on Rx.

I just set up someone w a Gmail account, ssa.gov account, and then signed them up for A/B online in about 5 minutes. It's the hardest part of the sales cycle for some clients.

Wow! That is a lot of help and I bet it is much appreciated.

but now I’m second guessing myself for offering

Curious - what is making you second guess helping them w/ getting Part B set up?

I do what others do - send them a form e-mail w/ instructions and link (if SEP) and/or the paper forms.

Back