When someone needs Part B, do you help or no?

Do you also help them set up a MyMedicare account?

Never heard of a "MyMedicare account," just an account on the Medicare website. Did you mean a "my Social Security" account?

I would be very leery, as some have already said, of actually setting up a my Social Security account for a client. Just give 'em the instructions. If you set up an account with Medicare, at least, the client gets a confirmation letter in the mail and by that time usually doesn't remember what it was all about. They complain about a "security breach" and then you could have issues...

Last edited:
these people that can't use email also can't use text..so that doesn't help

I think that is a generic stereotyping statement which I would expect to not be 100% true.

And even if it would happen to be true, YOU should be aware of that, and YOUR CLIENTS THAT USE EMAIL but also use cellphones should be made aware of that, because many will find it easier to use a text message, rather than email, for a login confirmation.

these people that can't use email also can't use text..so that doesn't help

but . . .

I also give them the TF number to call with the caveat that it will take longer doing it that way and they may not get their number/card in time.

they probably have a phone . . . even the folks in Mayberry have phones . . . and they asked Sarah to connect them to Aunt Bee, Floyd the barber, the mayor . . .

Sarah could probably connect them to 1-800-772-1213

I think that is a generic stereotyping statement which I would expect to not be 100% true.

And even if it would happen to be true, YOU should be aware of that, and YOUR CLIENTS THAT USE EMAIL but also use cellphones should be made aware of that, because many will find it easier to use a text message, rather than email, for a login confirmation.

Don't you always say: caveat, not an agent? Well, I am. Nothing is 100% true but it is 100% true with certain people. So, it is not generic stereotyping, my response comes from 100% recent experience.

but . . .

they probably have a phone . . . even the folks in Mayberry have phones . . .

So, How many residents of Mayberry have cell phones nowadays?

(probably over half and I bet most of them text.)

So, How many residents of Mayberry have cell phones nowadays?

(probably over half and I bet most of them text.)

Some have cell phones, but poor reception. Most still live in a black and white world, have Bell issued black rotary phones and POTS.

I believe Otis passed away . . . but Opie is all grown up and bald.

Back