When someone needs Part B, do you help or no?

I just set up someone w a Gmail account, ssa.gov account, and then signed them up for A/B online in about 5 minutes. It's the hardest part of the sales cycle for some clients.
I can neither confirm nor deny doing this, but I wonder if there are any rules against this even with the client's permission. I get some really tech unsavvy prospects who don't own a computer.

I can neither confirm nor deny doing this, but I wonder if there are any rules against this even with the client's permission. I get some really tech unsavvy prospects who don't own a computer.

I questioned that post when I saw it too because it sounds like this agent did it for the client and if so thats a security issue. Its ok to walk them through it but not to do it for them..they need to know how to access their email when you aren't with them because everytime you log into your ssa account, it sends a verification code to their email.
and if they don't own or have access to a computer, you need to tell them to call SSA. no exceptions

I questioned that post when I saw it too because it sounds like this agent did it for the client and if so thats a security issue. Its ok to walk them through it but not to do it for them..they need to know how to access their email when you aren't with them because everytime you log into your ssa account, it sends a verification code to their email.
and if they don't own or have access to a computer, you need to tell them to call SSA. no exceptions

Caveat, not an agent.

There is a difference between:
Being able to log into an email account and read emails
and
Understanding all that Google Account stuff and
being able to create the email account in the first place.

Also,

I don't see an agent creating an email account for someone to be anymore of a security issue than when some agents ask for access to a client's MyMedicare account to do the client's "best" PDP research each year.

Once the MySocialSecurity account is created, there is also an option to add a CellPhoneNumber as an alternative way to receive the verification code.

I made up instructions in a word file and saved it. I send the prospect the instructions along with both Forms to fill out. that’s it.
FYI- my instructions tell them to let me know when they send the forms in. After that, I have them attend one of my educational webinars, or I do a 1on1 webinar for them. Then, sign them up once approved for Medicare.

That sounds like a fantastic approach, thank you. Is there any time where you sign them up for Medicare and then (on the same visit) sign up for a MAPD? Say if they are needing coverage Dec 1st, or would you still wait for the notification of Part B acceptance?

I questioned that post when I saw it too because it sounds like this agent did it for the client and if so thats a security issue.

Some agents on the forum say they actually login to SSA/MyMedicare and set it up for the prospect. I never have, never will.

Like others, I do provide explicit instructions, copied from and linked to, SSA. I also give them the TF number to call with the caveat that it will take longer doing it that way and they may not get their number/card in time.

Curious - what is making you second guess helping them w/ getting Part B set up?

I do what others do - send them a form e-mail w/ instructions and link (if SEP) and/or the paper forms.

Just being my cautious self...wasn’t sure if there was something “wrong” with doing this, or if was looked down upon in any way.

I’m gonna start drafting an instruction document because this is a nice and easy way of doing it IMO.

That sounds like a fantastic approach, thank you. Is there any time where you sign them up for Medicare and then (on the same visit) sign up for a MAPD? Say if they are needing coverage Dec 1st, or would you still wait for the notification of Part B acceptance?

Im not face to face anymore, unless it’s zoom.
That said, it’s not possible to do an app before their part B is approved for an MAPD. I tell them, the second you get approval, call me. They already have their Medicare ID from their Part A only card.

All the time.

Whether its setting a phone call the first week of the month of their IEP to walk them through the online enrollment, telling them to schedule a call NOW for the first month of their IEP to get Social Security set up or emailing them the Part B application and SEP forms with instructions on what to do next.

My sales cycle is 7 months long.
T64 + 5: Medicare 101 (Anyone who really should get Medicare 101 in Oct, Nov or Dec gets it in September or January)
T64 + 9: Part B Enrollment (1st week of every month is me repeating the same damn thing over and over, getting them through the online app)
T64 +10: G and D (rarely MAPD, but it happens, especially for U65 Medicare)

Total PITA in Nov and Dec because its AEP, but whatever. Got to keep the top of the funnel full!!!

Back