Where do I begin????

HEB_6_10

I am trying to decide on a few things...I am looking to start selling soon but idk what order to do things in. I have res and non res license...

I have a couple of fmo/imo's that I would like to work with (I dont want to put all contracts with one company just yet).

I still need get e&o (trying to see if I can have notary and producer e&o combined).

I would like to set up an LLC once I decide on a name but I dont know how that works just yet and I need to get a bank account set up before I start the contracting process.

I'm doing all this after my 'normal' job and on the weekends but I would like to try to get this set up before aep...ahip 2020 is done

Given this information, anyone has any advice on where to actually start the process and the path to take now that I've pretty much done most of the research.

I am trying to decide on a few things...I am looking to start selling soon but idk what order to do things in. I have res and non res license...

I have a couple of fmo/imo's that I would like to work with (I dont want to put all contracts with one company just yet).

I still need get e&o (trying to see if I can have notary and producer e&o combined).

I would like to set up an LLC once I decide on a name but I dont know how that works just yet and I need to get a bank account set up before I start the contracting process.

I'm doing all this after my 'normal' job and on the weekends but I would like to try to get this set up before aep...ahip 2020 is done

Given this information, anyone has any advice on where to actually start the process and the path to take now that I've pretty much done most of the research.

As new as you are I would 100% put all your contracts with one upline. Just chose wisely. If you are focusing on Medicare go with one with a history of success with Medicare.

Spreading contracts can be fine after you are successful and dont need guidance. But when you are brand new it’s not a good idea. Agencies like Ritter, Senior Market Sales, Agent Pipeline, are good places for Medicare. Todd King, or Chris Westfall (if selling by phone) if you prefer a smaller more personal relationship with your IMO.

As new as you are I would 100% put all your contracts with one upline. Just chose wisely. If you are focusing on Medicare go with one with a history of success with Medicare.

Spreading contracts can be fine after you are successful and don't need guidance. But when you are brand new it’s not a good idea. Agencies like Ritter, Senior Market Sales, Agent Pipeline, are good places for Medicare. Todd King, or Chris Westfall (if selling by phone) if you prefer a smaller more personal relationship with your IMO.

Thank you for your quick response!

I am not new to selling, however, my previous experience has been with captive companies paying hourly and small commissions.

From what I have researched it seems that some companies will not release, even though they state that they have an open release policy (mostly from different threads in this forum). So, in order to not be in Limbo for 6 months if I should decide to cut ties with an FMO, I can still write business with other carriers with other FMOs. I don't anticipate this happening but you never know. Also, support is different from different FMOs and I don't necessarily know what I will benefit from just yet.

Thank you for your quick response!

I am not new to selling, however, my previous experience has been with captive companies paying hourly and small commissions.

From what I have researched it seems that some companies will not release, even though they state that they have an open release policy (mostly from different threads in this forum). So, in order to not be in Limbo for 6 months if I should decide to cut ties with an FMO, I can still write business with other carriers with other FMOs. I don't anticipate this happening but you never know. Also, support is different from different FMOs and I don't necessarily know what I will benefit from just yet.

You will get no support from your uplines if you have contracts all over the place. That’s why you need to put your business through one when you are new and needing their help the most.

Just don’t go with one that doesn’t release if that is your concern. Todd King has a great history of releasing agents. And he’s smaller so you can call him and actually reach Todd himself when you need to. I would recommend him.

Of course you would. :twitchy:

I would debate that point with anyone. Someone new to the industry spreading contracts has about a zero point zero chance of making it through their 1st year.

They are putting their fear of being trapped ahead of getting any real help. And while being with an Upline that won’t release you is frustrating it’s about a 3 on a 10 scale of problems that will hold you back. Lack of support is a 10 on that 10 scale for new agents. If an agent doesn’t have ongoing quality training and mentoring they are not likely to make it.

I would debate that point with anyone. Someone new to the industry spreading contracts has about a zero point zero chance of making it through their 1st year.

They are putting their fear of being trapped ahead of getting any real help. And while being with an Upline that won’t release you is frustrating it’s about a 3 on a 10 scale of problems that will hold you back. Lack of support is a 10 on that 10 scale for new agents. If an agent doesn’t have ongoing quality training and mentoring they are not likely to make it.
I'll have to agree with you...as far as a new green pea. :yes:

Back