Which Has Better Returns for DM Mailings?

Yep...the generic lead cards. Don't you remember all the lousy appointments we went on? The carrier FE mailings are more specific as to final expense and I think if the person mails it in at least it means they know what the product is and they are genuinely interested in final expense, not some mysterious government program.

If you want a lead card that is straight forward about life insurance for seniors and does not mention anything free on the card, you can find this card from many DM vendors that offer them. Lead connections is one. You will get less returns. I prefer this type of card but you have to spend more money due to the lack of leads. Your closing ratio may be higher with these, it is for me. but I only have 2-3 days to spend in the field so I try and get the most quality leads for the time I have. I also use some TM leads to supplement.

I hear DIG's TM leads are pretty good from a couple of agents. I am currently exploring this options as was mentioned in this thread to supplement DM leads.

Yep...the generic lead cards. Don't you remember all the lousy appointments we went on? The carrier FE mailings are more specific as to final expense and I think if the person mails it in at least it means they know what the product is and they are genuinely interested in final expense, not some mysterious government program.

Brads leads don't say anything about generic government program. If it's not the lead, it's the presentation, trust, or agent.

I have used the most qualified lead cards out there. Life insurance plastered all over it. Check boxes for amounts etc.

Less returns...same people.

A lead is a lead is a lead...

You may need to work on your presentation.

----------

They are liars............[/QUOTE]

You mean they meant to say they get 17-20 cards back??:biggrin:

What type of area did you drop the mail into?

At FexContracting.com we just rolled out a new fixed price lead that says Life Insurance in the first sentence. That's a little more direct. It tightens the ages up a bit from most fixed price leads at 55-85 rather than go all the way down to 50. Also no P.O. Boxes which I understand can be done with most lead vendors also.

I think ours is the best set price lead I've seen anywhere. But any set price lead has compromises. The best leads of all are going to be ages 60-77, $15,000 to $40,000 income and no P.O. Boxes but you have to do those at price per 1,000. You will get fewer returns on those crème of the crop leads and that's why no vendor will do those at a set price.

But if you are getting ANY form of 20-leads a week and not selling $2,500 to $4,000 consistently, you probably have other areas that you need to work on rather than lead quality. You could probably use additional fine tuning of your appointment setting, presentation, objection handling, company selection, closing, etc.

Of the company leads, I've used Transamerica's lead and done OK with it. Always doubled or tripled my lead cost. Settlers has low cost leads but low returns for some reason.

If you are serious about wanting to work out the rough spots, we would be happy to have you with us and see if we can't help you improve what ever is in your way.

I have limited funds available for DM mailings and was disappointed with the last batch of DM leads I received. So I am wondering if any of you have had experience with using any of the carrier's FE mailings, rather than the generic FE lead cards. I wouldn't mind receiving fewer leads back if they were higher quality.

Nikita stop letting these guys lead you in a ditch! Lincoln Heritage did 24 million dollars in 2004. After we went to our own exclusive in house direct mail lead program 116 million. You pay NOTHING for the leads up front. They are financed for you no interest you don't pay for a drop you pay for the leads that actually come back. Get 15, 20 30 per week. We take a small % to pay for the leads to where you always have a cash flow.

Not to mention as you work your direct mail you will get tv leads and several of our beneficiary claim leads during the week.

You are dealing with lead pimps that are selling you leads that have NOTHING to do with final expense. Lead pimps that drop in the same zip codes over and over for you and any other "John" that comes along.

And most of these guys are not full time so you asking them about lead sources is like a chicken asking Colonel Sanders where can he find a place to live.

PM me if you want to know a great lead source. I don't mind telling you but I don't want you to tell these knuckleheads.

----------

At FexContracting.com we just rolled out a new fixed price lead that says Life Insurance in the first sentence. That's a little more direct. It tightens the ages up a bit from most fixed price leads at 55-85 rather than go all the way down to 50. Also no P.O. Boxes which I understand can be done with most lead vendors also.

I think ours is the best set price lead I've seen anywhere. But any set price lead has compromises. The best leads of all are going to be ages 60-77, $15,000 to $40,000 income and no P.O. Boxes but you have to do those at price per 1,000. You will get fewer returns on those crème of the crop leads and that's why no vendor will do those at a set price.

But if you are getting ANY form of 20-leads a week and not selling $2,500 to $4,000 consistently, you probably have other areas that you need to work on rather than lead quality. You could probably use additional fine tuning of your appointment setting, presentation, objection handling, company selection, closing, etc.

Of the company leads, I've used Transamerica's lead and done OK with it. Always doubled or tripled my lead cost. Settlers has low cost leads but low returns for some reason.

If you are serious about wanting to work out the rough spots, we would be happy to have you with us and see if we can't help you improve what ever is in your way.

A final expense guy using Transamerica leads when Transamerica DOES NOT WANT FINAL EXPENSE BUSINESS.

Good Lord!!!!!!!!!

Nikita stop letting these guys lead you in a ditch! Lincoln Heritage did 24 million dollars in 2004. After we went to our own exclusive in house direct mail lead program 116 million. You pay NOTHING for the leads up front. They are financed for you no interest you don't pay for a drop you pay for the leads that actually come back. Get 15, 20 30 per week. We take a small % to pay for the leads to where you always have a cash flow.

Not to mention as you work your direct mail you will get tv leads and several of our beneficiary claim leads during the week.

You are dealing with lead pimps that are selling you leads that have NOTHING to do with final expense. Lead pimps that drop in the same zip codes over and over for you and any other "John" that comes along.

And most of these guys are not full time so you asking them about lead sources is like a chicken asking Colonel Sanders where can he find a place to live.

PM me if you want to know a great lead source. I don't mind telling you but I don't want you to tell these knuckleheads.

----------

A final expense guy using Transamerica leads when Transamerica DOES NOT WANT FINAL EXPENSE BUSINESS.

Good Lord!!!!!!!!!

TA to be accepting the DE card sounds like they plan on staying in the FE market to me. Just my .02 cents.

I have used the most qualified lead cards out there. Life insurance plastered all over it. Check boxes for amounts etc.

Less returns...same people.

A lead is a lead is a lead...

You may need to work on your presentation.

----------

They are liars............

Hoosier Life....the problem is not my presentation. The problem is that I could not get appointments with any of the leads. "not interested" "no money" the usual reasons, but I just thought I'd have an opportunity to do more presentations from the leads I got. So I am looking for fewer leads, but higher quality, if that's possible.

Back