Which Script Do You Like Best?

DFW

Expert
Hi-

I am going to hire a caller next week to try and call small businesses and would appreciate feedback on which script you think might work best....

1. Hello, I'm calling from Joe Blow's office. Joe is a certified financial planner and specializes in working with Dallas/Ft. Worth business owners on retirement plans, life insurance and disability income insurance. Would you have any interest meeting with Joe next week for about 15 minutes to learn more about our services and how we help business owners?

2. Hello, I'm calling from (Term Life Company Name). We specialize in Term Life Insurance for Small Business Owners. We have been saving folks a lot of money on their life insurance and wanted to see if we could provide you with a quote?

Again, I appreciate the feedback. I know it is a numbers game, have to get pass the gatekeeper and there is no perfect script. But, if you were the business owner what might motivate you to take the call/appointment. Thanks

1. Hello, I'm calling from Joe Blow's office. Joe is a certified financial planner and specializes in working with Dallas/Ft. Worth business owners on retirement plans, life insurance and disability income insurance. Would you have any interest meeting with Joe next week for about 15 minutes to learn more about our services and how we help business owners?

2. Hello, I'm calling from (Term Life Company Name). We specialize in Term Life Insurance for Small Business Owners. We have been saving folks a lot of money on their life insurance and wanted to see if we could provide you with a quote?
Which is best? Neither. They're both awful. They focus on you (we, we, we, we, our, our, our), not the prospect or their problems. Might be hard to swallow, but they don't care about you.
I know it is a numbers game, have to get pass the gatekeeper and there is no perfect script.
No, it's NOT a numbers game. It's an effectiveness game. It's like a golf swing. Doing it badly more times isn't going to make the result better...

I like #2 better simply because you are providing some value and giving them a reason to get a quote (saving money). With the first script there is no value, no reason for them to meet with you.

Two is definitely better, but yeah, you're a long way off from anything I've seen work.

Your first script is more of a "full-service" type offering, the second is more specific. I've never worked group life insurance, but is it really a commodity type product they shop?

"Hi, I'm calling you today because... is that something you think wouldhelp your business?"

So what's your because? I'm biased in believing telemarketing works because I did it for years and I now sell telemarketing lists, but the because has always been what hinged on if a campaign had a chance at working or not. Real examples:

"I'm calling you today because I'm helping seniors save hundreds of dollars on their Medicare and get the right plans for them. Would you like to find out how much I can help you save?"

"I'm calling you today because we're helping small businesses save thousands of dollars on their health insurance and get great coverage. Would you like to find out how we can help you?" or "Do you think that's something that could help your business?"

You'll notice it's not introducing yourself or asking for anyone by name, it's just pitching whoever answered the phone.

So what's your because?

I vote for neither of the above. You need to figure out what you are going to lead with and come up with an effective script. There are plenty of suggestions on this forum better than what you have came up with.

I wouldn't mention any products until they asked.

Caller: mr owner I'm with joe blows firm, we have some reviews scheduled next week with current clients in your neck of the woods. Would you mind if we came by next Tuesday to tell you a little bit about what we're doing with to help business like yours?

I am pretty green at calling on business, but I catch on pretty quick. I started a thread on my progress if you want to check it out.

Two is definitely better, but yeah, you're a long way off from anything I've seen work.

Your first script is more of a "full-service" type offering, the second is more specific. I've never worked group life insurance, but is it really a commodity type product they shop?

"Hi, I'm calling you today because... is that something you think wouldhelp your business?"

So what's your because? I'm biased in believing telemarketing works because I did it for years and I now sell telemarketing lists, but the because has always been what hinged on if a campaign had a chance at working or not. Real examples:

"I'm calling you today because I'm helping seniors save hundreds of dollars on their Medicare and get the right plans for them. Would you like to find out how much I can help you save?"

"I'm calling you today because we're helping small businesses save thousands of dollars on their health insurance and get great coverage. Would you like to find out how we can help you?" or "Do you think that's something that could help your business?"

You'll notice it's not introducing yourself or asking for anyone by name, it's just pitching whoever answered the phone.

So what's your because?

Josh, I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but isn't a telemarketer calling on businesses for life insurance a bad idea? It seems owners would get pissed that you didn't value their time as much as yours.

Back