Which states cannot be cold called ?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I Know OH cant be cold-called

Which other states have such regulations?

Today I need to know is IN ok to cold call?

In addition, I would like to know for the future which other states are Illegal to cold call

In addition, I would like to know for the future which other states are Illegal to cold call
I'm sure I've read that IN is ok, but they also have a State DNC Registry.

I'm sure I've read that IN is ok, but they also have a State DNC Registry.

Sales data pro has a DNC feature to eliminate those on DNC

Glad to hear they are OK

I am new to running telemarketers, Man they eat through Data, Been though TX, IL NC and SC in just 2 and half months with just 3 tele's

Now I have to add secondary states to keep moving, I remember OH having some No Cold call laws didn't know if there were other states like that

If you are going to TM states for Medicare I would suggest targeting states with birthday or anniversary rules.

I used TM's a few years ago and never made a sale. Folks wanted dental, a drug plan or would love to buy a Medigap plan to pay for their cancer treatment.

If you are going to TM states for Medicare I would suggest targeting states with birthday or anniversary rules.

I used TM's a few years ago and never made a sale. Folks wanted dental, a drug plan or would love to buy a Medigap plan to pay for their cancer treatment.

I was just playing around with TMs I hired from the Philippines, Trying to self generate, Its ok, its working but just one tool in the belt

I have 3 going, but if they quit or start not working I am not sure I would pursue this further

Did ok in TX,IL, NC, And SC, But wow they gobble data

They are clear enough on what they are calling for, Not pursuing any dental or anything, the Biggest issue is many have state retirement or tricare

TM has been a crap shoot for most. A few years ago it was supposedly better but seems to be dying. At least for Medicare.

@vic120 if you get a positive ROI then stay with it.

I shared a Filipino TM with 2 other agents on a rotation. I stayed in the pool maybe 3 months and spent around $1k. Not a single sale.

The 2 other agents eventually gave it up, including the one targeting birthday rule states only.

Last edited:
TM has been a crap shoot for most. A few years ago it was supposedly better but seems to be dying. At least for Medicare.

@vic120 if you get a positive ROI then stay with it.

I shared a Filipino TM with 2 other agents on a rotation. I stayed in the pool maybe 3 months and spent around $1k. Not a single sale.

The 2 other agents eventually gave it up, including the one targeting birthday rule states only.

I got a positive ROI, Better them what I do with internet leads but not a ton better

The problem is its more work, More gaining trust, more leads to get a sale but a much lower cost per lead, and in the end, the ROI is a bit better than my internet but not by a mile

Still, I would be more excited about it except,, Cant seem to get the leads to auto go into my CRM like I do internet leads that part is a pain, I can download as a list but then it's not real-time and by hand, it's annoying and time-consuming, Not very time consuming per lead but over the course of a day,

Because of this I would not increase or purse replacements if the ones I have quit or get fired but Ill run then as long as the tele's work out or till the end of the year before AEP whichever comes first

Hopefully, by then, I will learn a thing or 2 about internet marketing, At least enough to understand the language, Because I can't rely on lead providers forever it seems

Generating your own web leads takes time and a bit of luck. Beginning to hit my stride now. It's easier but not easy. Very much worth it to me. Low acquisition costs, warm leads almost ready to buy. A puppy with a note in his mouth could sell these.

They stick and refer others without my asking.

Generating your own web leads takes time and a bit of luck. Beginning to hit my stride now. It's easier but not easy. Very much worth it to me. Low acquisition costs, warm leads almost ready to buy. A puppy with a note in his mouth could sell these.

They stick and refer others without my asking.

You have always been good at it, You have the lowest cost per acquisition I've seen with a low hanging fruit model

kgmom has a great buis model too

I would be happy If I can create warm leads at even a $300 or so CPA if they are very warm

my CPA is a bit lower on tele leads may be less the $200 or close to it, but they are not warm, My bought internet leads are near 400 now and not as warm as they used to be

You can cold call Indiana as long as they are not on the STATE or the FEDERAL DNC list. You have to check both lists. Indiana makes a lot of money busting people with their state list is the story. I’ve only known of a couple people fined.

it’s actually legal for insurance agents to call people on the state list as long as you say you are an insurance agent making a solicitation call within the first 30 seconds of the call.

Back