Which states cannot be cold called ?

You can not cold call anyone who is on the Federal or State no call list. You must comply with all Federal and State laws. I also hired a company overseas that contacted someone on the DNC list and I was included in a class action Lawsuit. Use caution because at the end of the day it's your problem when you get sued! Good luck and Happy Dialing!!!

You can cold call Indiana as long as they are not on the STATE or the FEDERAL DNC list. You have to check both lists. Indiana makes a lot of money busting people with their state list is the story. I’ve only known of a couple people fined.

it’s actually legal for insurance agents to call people on the state list as long as you say you are an insurance agent making a solicitation call within the first 30 seconds of the call.
I have been in telemarketing for years and have been told, not to call Indiana because of their strict laws. They will sue you, I would adhere with a side of caution.

I have been in telemarketing for years and have been told, not to call Indiana because of their strict laws. They will sue you, I would adhere with a side of caution.

What confuses companies about Indiana is that just because you check the federal list doesn’t make them callable like it does in most other states. They still have their very active state list. And they go after people who call the numbers on their state DNC list.

What confuses companies about Indiana is that just because you check the federal list doesn’t make them callable like it does in most other states. They still have their very active state list. And they go after people who call the numbers on their state DNC list.
That is correct. One of my lead suppliers stopped selling leads in Indiana for that reason. It's definitely not worth the risk. You must buy opted-in leads.

Indiana State law says
Are some telemarketers allowed to call me even if my number is on the Do Not Call list?

Most telemarketers are forbidden from calling or texting numbers on the Do Not Call list. There are some telephone solicitors who are exempt from this law and may continue to contact you. These include charitable organizations and newspapers (whose calls are made by volunteers or employees), and licensed insurance and real estate agents. Effective July 1, 2019, the Indiana legislature extended the exemptions to financial institutions, persons licensed by the department of financial institutions under IC 24-4.4, IC 24-4.5, or 750 IAC 9, and communications service providers that offer broadband internet service. These entities may make sales calls to you as long as they already have an existing business relationship with you. An existing business relationship includes a transaction within the past 18 months or an inquiry from you within the past three months.

Sales data pro has a DNC feature to eliminate those on DNC

Glad to hear they are OK

I am new to running telemarketers, Man they eat through Data, Been though TX, IL NC and SC in just 2 and half months with just 3 tele's

Now I have to add secondary states to keep moving, I remember OH having some No Cold call laws didn't know if there were other states like that
Contact a lead company and ask for scrubbed and opted in data only .

Back