Which Tablet and Why?

If you're happy spending more money for inferior technology because it's pretty and simpler, Apple is happy to have your money.

Do you ride a bike with training wheels?

Do you use bumpers when you go bowling?

I'm just sayin'.
I bowled a 120 once so I can see the appeal.

My son is 11 and owns an iPod. I am middle age and so is my wife and we eash have an iPad and a iPhone 4S. My 6 year old fights with my wife to use her iPad and my 71 year old father has an iPhone and an iPad. His wife has an iPhone 4S. I think we have all the geeks and non-geek scenarios covered. We also use all Mac computers.
Makes life easier.

Android :no:

I'm with ya. I bought my middle aged wife and I along with my 16 and 21 year old daughters all IPads last November, black Friday. They talked me into it and I'm glad they did. Never would have guessed how much they would be used. Non stop. We are all busy so it's nice that they are simple, fast and reliable. Now if you are not so busy and you have the time to tinker and don't have the means to buy IPads then by all means go the droid route and tinker away. haha

I'm with ya. I bought my middle aged wife and I along with my 16 and 21 year old daughters all IPads last November, black Friday. They talked me into it and I'm glad they did. Never would have guessed how much they would be used. Non stop. We are all busy so it's nice that they are simple, fast and reliable. Now if you are not so busy and you have the time to tinker and don't have the means to buy IPads then by all means go the droid route and tinker away. haha

Have you ever actually used an android?

First it asks you for your google username and password.

Then it syncs your calendar, docs, contacts, and email (which comes in realtime btw).

And every app is in the menu button which means they're only two screens away...

Not to mention it's easier to transfer files with android since you can just use windows explorer like you would an external hard drive.

If that's difficult then I'm a monkey's uncle.

You guys talk about Android like it's jquery or something...

Simple test. Have any android tablet and an iPad.
Hand the Android tablet to a 6 year old and see what happens and then hand the iPad to him. You will be amazed what happens. Do the same thing in any age group. The same thing happens. There is a reason why Apple really does not include instruction manuals.

Hand the Android tablet to a 6 year old and see what happens and then hand the iPad to him. You will be amazed what happens. Do the same thing in any age group. The same thing happens. There is a reason why Apple really does not include instruction manuals.

Again, have you actually used an android device before? lol

Here you go by the way...

Last edited by a moderator:

If you compare a high end android tablet (like the Galaxy Tab 10.1 ) which is still cheaper than an iPad to the iPad, you'll see the same thing.

Your test is also flawed because the ones at the Apple store already have games installed on them. I have a four year old friend that can do the same thing with my tab, he turns it on, looks at the picture of angry birds, presses it, and he's off to the races.

I also don't know that the ability of a 6 year old to play games on a device is the litmus test for the quality of a product. By that standard my Honda Shadow 1100 is useless.

They sure sell a heck of a lot of them too. Don't want a big fight over which is better. Android works fine and you can tinker a whole bunch with it, and I know how. But I go with Apple products because of the service and reliability and ease of use that I have enjoyed from my very first Apple product almost 20 years ago. I own an insurance agency with a bunch of agents, must of them use Windows computers and about half have iPhones. Different strokes for different folks. If we were all the same, life would be boring. Why don't we pick on Obamacare for a while.... He uses a Blackberry, we can all hate those?

Last edited:
I'm seeing a pattern Josh. Imitation Harley, imitation IPad. LOL

Interesting article in Cnet:
Why I'm returning my new iPad and buying a Kindle Fire - Yahoo! News

My new iPad is going back to the store.
I paid $600 for the 32GB Wi-Fi model, and although I like it well enough, I don't think it's worth the money.
Before the Apple faithful take my head off, allow me to explain -- and to note that I'm keeping my original iPad. Also, I have such mad love for my iPhone 4S, I want to cook it breakfast every morning. You get my meaning; this isn't just wayward iPad-bashing.

Continues in link above.

I'm seeing a pattern Josh. Imitation Harley, imitation IPad. LOL

What's funny is both have filed suits against their alleged "imitators" and had varying degrees of success, but I digress.

I like Honda more than Harley. I saw a guy on his sporty with a harley helmet and a harley jacket and I'm sure harley underwear and was amused.

I love Apple, I'm on a MacBook Pro now and love it, but the problem is their strength in a computer is their weakness in other more progressive technology. For example, I can chat with someone on google at my desktop, switch to my phone, switch to my tablet, and go back and forth between all three without missing a message. From what I've seen, the iPhone/iPad/computer situation doesn't have the same effect. Might not be a big deal for most folks, but considering I use it all day and do go around every now and again, it's sort of a big deal for me.

You ride?

What's funny is both have filed suits against their alleged "imitators" and had varying degrees of success, but I digress.

I like Honda more than Harley. I saw a guy on his sporty with a harley helmet and a harley jacket and I'm sure harley underwear and was amused.

I love Apple, I'm on a MacBook Pro now and love it, but the problem is their strength in a computer is their weakness in other more progressive technology. For example, I can chat with someone on google at my desktop, switch to my phone, switch to my tablet, and go back and forth between all three without missing a message. From what I've seen, the iPhone/iPad/computer situation doesn't have the same effect. Might not be a big deal for most folks, but considering I use it all day and do go around every now and again, it's sort of a big deal for me.

You ride?

No ride right now. In two years when last daughter is out of high school and out of house either college or on her own I get a Harley. Had a few Honda's. Last was an 86 Honda V65. First was a Honda 50 when I was 13. Haven't had a bike in 21 years. With first daughter I lost my bike, snowmobile and boat. Frickin kids but they are worth it. Mother not so much. ha.

Back