Which Tablet and Why?

When I walk into the Apple store my 6 year old picks up an iPad and is playing games in 5 seconds without any input from me. We walk into another almost empty store with android tablets and he has to ask me how to turn it on. IOS just works and android is confusing. Kinda like Windows. Needs to work on 100 different machines and can't quite get the jack of all trades thing down.

I've used just about all of them and iPad is far better. Flash is yesterdays technology as HTML5 is pushing it out of style.

You pay for what you get.

Far better? No way you've tried them all if you're saying that.

If you're technologically oriented: Android
Otherwise buy an iPad.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to be limited by iOS, iTunes, and the like... and don't start talking about jailbreaking anything because overpaying for a tablet that has a voided warranty doesn't seem right.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, I love how iPhone users think they have the most superior phone on the market. You guys keep thinking that, I'll keep on using my sucky "Droid".

Galaxy Nexus

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're technologically oriented: Android
Otherwise buy an iPad.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to be limited by iOS, iTunes, and the like... and don't start talking about jailbreaking anything because overpaying for a tablet that has a voided warranty doesn't seem right.

I agree but with regards the jailbreaking, that's like not putting a chip in your new car to gain 20 HP or something else that will void the warranty.

If you know what you are doing and you do screw it up there are fixes so they will never know you screwed with it.

Who cares what people like, I know what I like and I've had experience with both.
Point is, if you want to buy one and you're not sure which, just go and test them out.

I heard that the older geeks like the Android's and younger geeks like Apple. Is that true? ha

I heard that the older geeks like the Android's and younger geeks like Apple. Is that true? ha

I'm not sure what you're basing that off, but in my personal circle it seems like the older geeks like the iPad and as a younger geek, I like the android. Maybe I'm older than I thought.

My son is 11 and owns an iPod. I am middle age and so is my wife and we eash have an iPad and a iPhone 4S. My 6 year old fights with my wife to use her iPad and my 71 year old father has an iPhone and an iPad. His wife has an iPhone 4S. I think we have all the geeks and non-geek scenarios covered. We also use all Mac computers.
Makes life easier.

Android :no:

If you're happy spending more money for inferior technology because it's pretty and simpler, Apple is happy to have your money.

Do you ride a bike with training wheels?

Do you use bumpers when you go bowling?

I'm just sayin'.

Back