Who Designs These Certifications?

These certifications are past the point of being ridiculous... I tried to take both Geisinger and United Healthcare. Not only is the wording incorrect (causing you to give incorrect answers,) but the flash software is faulty, and if you reload, you give up one of your three tries. This is on a brand new computer, latest browsers, etc.

A 50-year old broker might not notice how poorly these applications run, but a 27-year old broker certainly does.

They need to standardize all these tests so that they aren't playing with people's certifications.

Anybody with me?:mad:

lemme explain something hoss... you wet behind the ears 20 year olds can kiss my 50 year old ass... i understand cpu's better than your arse

You have to understand one thing. Medicare Advantage, though it is a health-based product, is overseen and operated by a government entity that doesn't know the first thing about health-based products, nor wants to.

That is why they allow anyone with $175 get into the game ($100 AHIP, $75 Temporary License). When you are a Financial Planner, you have minimum standards you have to keep. When you sell Life Insurance, you have to keep up with your CE Credits every year, including ethics. The standards for Medicare Plans is SO EXTREMELY LOW that they encourage part-timers and those that used to sell houses, miracle water, natural gas service, and other MLM products to get involved.

So, knowing and understanding that, you have to put it in perspective.

Sometimes you have to deal with the devil to be an angel.

These certifications are past the point of being ridiculous... I tried to take both Geisinger and United Healthcare. Not only is the wording incorrect (causing you to give incorrect answers,) but the flash software is faulty, and if you reload, you give up one of your three tries. This is on a brand new computer, latest browsers, etc.

A 50-year old broker might not notice how poorly these applications run, but a 27-year old broker certainly does.

They need to standardize all these tests so that they aren't playing with people's certifications.

Anybody with me?:mad:

The people who design these tests but be the ones who get Liberal Arts degrees. I remember one question in particular. "Which plan most resembles Plan N?"
1. Part A
2. Part C
3 Part B
4 Medicare Advantage

#4 is the correct answer for scoring. But isn't #2 also correct???

The people who design these tests but be the ones who get Liberal Arts degrees. I remember one question in particular. "Which plan most resembles Plan N?"
1. Part A
2. Part C
3 Part B
4 Medicare Advantage

#4 is the correct answer for scoring. But isn't #2 also correct???

No, #4. The question reads, "what plan is most like Plan N?" Part C is a Part of Medicare that covers medical and prescription drug costs. Sometimes, as in the case of some MA's and PFFS's, the drugs are not included.

As for Medicare Advantage Plans, it is a lower monthly premium, and then there is a "pay-as-you-go" type of coverage. Therefore, it mimics (or, is mimicked by) Medicare Supplement Plan N. Also, if the individual is dual-eligible, sometimes there is NO copay. Those dual eligible plans fall under Part C as well.

Also, before the Modernized Plans came about in June of 2010, there were no Medicare Supplements that had a copay to them, until M and N showed up.

The question was written to trip up the agent, and it worked. Funny, I never received that question on my AHIP test.

I'm disgusted with these tests too. Couple modules addressed privacy issues,security,fines besides all the other. So we are up to 9 categories with 15 sub-modules per category. The ROI on these products vs time spent isucks.

I'm disgusted with these tests too. Couple modules addressed privacy issues,security,fines besides all the other. So we are up to 9 categories with 15 sub-modules per category. The ROI on these products vs time spent isucks.

CMS still sticks it to the independent agent every chance they get. Supposedly AHIP was an attempt to allow an agent to "certify" on one set of regs and be good to go for several carriers... except that CMS doesn't require the carriers to participate. So we are left with plowing the same ground for each carrier that opts out... pathetic.

Back