Who Only Works Appointments and Makes a Great Living?

Bcrane0305

Guru
100+ Post Club
Everyone knows JD gets 10 rock solid appts from 15 leads . But beyond JD who only works appts and does not worry about door knocking?? I have never met a producer who is 100 percent appointments that isn't a marketer. Do they exist? IMHO no way. Unless 40 plus leads.cold door knocking is the bread and butter of this business.

Last edited:
Everyone knows JD gets 10 rock solid appts from 15 leads . But beyond JD who only works appts and does not worry about door knocking?? I have never met a producer who is 100 percent appointments that isn't a marketer. Do they exist? IMHO no way. Unless 40 plus leads.cold door knocking is the bread and butter of this business.

I know many that only work appointments and they are the most successful ones I know.

That doesn't mean they don't DK from time to time. I DK from time to time. I sold one on a DK today between appointments.

Just because you can't do something doesn't mean that others are not doing it every week.

But you have been told time and time again that you need training but you reject the advice of getting trained.

I know many that only work appointments and they are the most successful ones I know. That doesn't mean they don't DK from time to time. I DK from time to time. I sold one on a DK today between appointments. Just because you can't do something doesn't mean that others are not doing it every week. But you have been told time and time again that you need training but you reject the advice of getting trained.
We all know you have your pockets in fexs overrides. Lol. Your secret is out..

We all know you have your hands in fexs overrides. You are nothing more than the muscle behind fex. A glorified herd dog, anyone with any common sense knows this job is full of deadbeats pulling the rug from under you and lying to your face. Not saying it's impossible. Requires a impeccable attitude and drive to succeed by essentially going through dirt to find diamonds...

Last edited:
I only work appts, if a slow week ill dk the "untouchables" but thats rare.

----------

We all know you have your hands in fexs overrides. You are nothing more than the muscle behind fex. A glorified herd dog, anyone with any common sense knows this job is full of deadbeats pulling the rug from under you and lying to your face. Not saying it's impossible. Requires a impeccable attitude and drive to succeed by essentially going through dirt to find diamonds...
Then there are many of us that would be classified as coal miners lol, some would even be coal miners daughters lol

You are a damn liar.

Reardon only works appointments and he's a big time producer. In fact if you go back to the first episode of "the Galt and Gooner Show" they discuss this very thing.

The longer you stay in this business, the luckier you will get.

I got a call today from a client I have bunch of insurance with; she asked for my help face-to-face to do some service work. I intended to door knock some direct mail leads, but decided to drop everything, drive 90 minutes out of my way to help her, as I know if I keep her satisfied, she'd probably buy more.

Sure enough, I got ink on a significant size application.

My point in mentioning this is that I've discovered, much like John, Travis, and others, if you fight tooth and nail to survive in this business, you kinda-sorta "create your own luck" with referrals and policy increases on existing customers.

I am to the point where I am writing about 4 to 5 monthly unsolicited referrals or increasing coverage on existing customers. Admittedly, this kind of stuff has saved my arse on several occasions where I had "light" weeks and helped me turn the so-so week in production to a solid goal-achievement week of production.

Back