Who Sells Individul Dental?

When ever I see "savings of 15 to 80%", the reality is, the savings is always closer to 15%.
Anyone that needs a root canal, crown or bridge is likely to see the -15% savings.
In all likelihood, you probably could have gone to the same dentist, and, said to the dentist, " I don't have any insurance and will pay you cash. What kind of discount will you give me", and, gotten better than 15% off the bill.

It's taken YEARS but finally I agree with something you posted.

Rick

MaryDallas,

Is the Careington discount network inclusion in the Assurant Dental plans only available in certain states? I can't find any reference to it for Colorado where I do most of my business. It would seem that the addition of dental discounts makes an indemnity plan such as Assurant's substantially more valuable. Thanks.

Chris

Yes, the network discount network is inclusive: Find a Dentist Near You | Search Trusted Local Providers ... a client can use both if the network works for them and only the indemnity if that is all that is available. You can get more details by calling Assurant Health at 1-800-800-1212; ask who your regional office is? Networks typically only work in highly populated areas.

Please provide the link for security lifes product . How does one get licensed and whats the commission on the product?

I'm looking to add dental to my life and health insurance business.

I've never cared much for dental insurance but I've had a lot of requests for dental insurance while I have been helping people enroll into health plans this past season.

Just contracted with Medico,Security Life and United Commercial Travelers.

Kinda leaning toward using UCT mostly because it seems pretty simple and can use any dentist.

Can anybody offer any feedback on UCT DVH ?

Please list the different commission levels for each carrier and who you got contracted with for each. Somebody please answer this question. For the plans you can go to your own dentist will the dentist file your claim for you? If not the service work won't be worth it.

Rick,

I agree with you that dental is a waste of money. However I get asked quite a bit about dental by my Med Supp clients as they are used to having it with employer coverage. Can you give more detail on how the dentalforeveryone.com site works or provide a link where an agent could sign up. I tried the link you posted but all it will let me do is get quotes for myself. I would love to be able to send the people that insist on having dental to a website and get paid a little commission for it. Many thanks.

I too feel dental insurance and discount plans can be a complete waste of money. I mean really, tell them you have no coverage at all, are strapped, but willing to pay cash. The bottom price they give you will certainly be equal to or even better than what you would have paid WITH any kind of coverage.

With that being said clients still really want coverage so I'm thinking I'll just keep it simple and get them into a super cheap discount plan. Does anyone know how these compare and who is best?

Newdentalchoice (californiadiscountdental) starts at $8/month
Careington starts at $6.95/month
Aetna Dental Access starts at $8.95/month

I'm more confused than ever.. Who's a good imo for uct and whats the commission on it? how do we contract with security? Nobodys really answered the question of do most dentists file the claims for you with plans like medico an uct? If they don't it will be tons of paper work and not worth it. Also whats the commission on plans like careington?

Let me give you a little hint. Nobody wants to answer your question, as it would require them to sell 3 dental apps to make up the time wasted answering your post.

Back