Who to Work For?

That's interesting. I never was aware that Waddell & Reed were players in the Med Supp arena. I always thought of them as financial advisors/Mutual Fund peddlers.

And you would be right. Your manger won't want to hear about how many Med Supps you sold, but how much AUM you gathered or how much you rolled into an American Funds account.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I met with the coordinator at Colonial Life today, she practically begged me to help her with enrollments cause they got a couple huge accounts.

And then what? That might feed you for a week, what are you going to do next month?

Last edited:
And you would be right. Your manger won't want to hear about how many Med Supps you sold, but how much AUM you gathered or how much you rolled into an American Funds account.

And then what? That might feed you for a week, what are you going to do next month?

As far as money I am not worried about it, my boyfriend and I live together and he said that he will take care of all of the bills and everything else until I can figure things out.

My motto is you never know unless you try and you have to make your own mistakes to be able to learn. I might end up hating both and making no money but then again I could love one and make a bunch of money....

As far as money I am not worried about it, my boyfriend and I live together and he said that he will take care of all of the bills and everything else until I can figure things out.

My motto is you never know unless you try and you have to make your own mistakes to be able to learn. I might end up hating both and making no money but then again I could love one and make a bunch of money....

The point is, develop a plan. Don't jump to Colonial just because she needs help enrolling two huge accounts. You will be brand new, she may not even assign you to them. If you think being an enroller at Colonial is a key to long term success go for it, but don't do it for one payday.

Check your private messages, I gave you a couple suggestions for some career shop options in town.

Check your private messages, I gave you a couple suggestions for some career shop options in town.

I did but I am 4 posts away from being allowed to answer it :)

Thank you for them though, I will definitely look into them. I honestly think that what I am doing now is just a first step in finding out what will click with me as far as job in insurance. I just hope it doesnt bite me in the a$$
The point is, develop a plan. Don't jump to Colonial just because she needs help enrolling two huge accounts. You will be brand new, she may not even assign you to them. If you think being an enroller at Colonial is a key to long term success go for it, but don't do it for one payday.

She asked me to help her enroll the accounts. I really took it to see if I like it better then the AFLAC, but I dont want to just give up on AFLAC either so my plan is pretty much do as much studying and research, eventually drop one of the 2 or maybe both and go with a good company that can actually offer training and a career that doesnt include leeching off my significant other for the rest of our lives.

I guess I am really testing the water so to say with finding the right thing

Last edited:
Well then, how can I find a great marketing company who works with Medicare Insurance and supplements

Wait a minute, if you hate prospecting then any job in sales is not for you.

It doesn't matter if there's a few Aflac agents to compete with or the thousands of other insurance agents in every market, or the thousands of real estate agents, cell phone salespeople, or whatever other field.

Its all about prospecting.

You can't do financial services or real estate or anything without clients and customers. And those only come by prospecting.

If you don't want to prospect, then basically you're looking at some staff job in those industries - which is fine if that's who you are. But if so, then don't waste time hoping to get trained in insurance and somehow provide a livable income for yourself without a lot of pain. Just cut your losses early.

Back