Why agents don’t make more sales

Customers expect to be offered choices (From the Article)

You know I thought about this one for a bit and wanted to apply it FE in particular...

I speak of the ability to give the impression to someone of many choices when in reality there may not be that many...

Not inferring deceit here, but am referring how to help the client see more choices that they can make, then there is more of a buy in to the sale.

Any feedback from the peanut gallery on this?

I loved the advocacy part of the article. I like to refer to this as selling from their side of the table. You want clients to know that you are taking them on a journey and helping them along the way instead of shoving something down their throat that isn't palatable. When we sell this way, it gives us the ability to give them that hard piece of advice that ultimately can lead to a sale for the folks that are natural tire kickers.

To respond to the offering choices part, I think this comes down to the art of selling. In doing a presentation we get to prop ourselves up against the horrible companies in the industry (Lincoln Heritage, Senior Life, American Income, Colonial Penn, Etc.), while also letting them know we will be fighting for them to put them in a great situation. If we do this the right way, we are offering the clients choices while also steering them in a way that we believe makes the most sense. The crux of this matter is to make the client feel like they are in control while in reality, they are doing and saying the things that you wanted them to do and say. Of course it needs to be in their best interest, but I wouldn't call this deceit. If you believe in your products and genuinely care about your people, you will be just fine.

I loved the advocacy part of the article. I like to refer to this as selling from their side of the table. You want clients to know that you are taking them on a journey and helping them along the way instead of shoving something down their throat that isn't palatable. When we sell this way, it gives us the ability to give them that hard piece of advice that ultimately can lead to a sale for the folks that are natural tire kickers.

To respond to the offering choices part, I think this comes down to the art of selling. In doing a presentation we get to prop ourselves up against the horrible companies in the industry (Lincoln Heritage, Senior Life, American Income, Colonial Penn, Etc.), while also letting them know we will be fighting for them to put them in a great situation. If we do this the right way, we are offering the clients choices while also steering them in a way that we believe makes the most sense. The crux of this matter is to make the client feel like they are in control while in reality, they are doing and saying the things that you wanted them to do and say. Of course it needs to be in their best interest, but I wouldn't call this deceit. If you believe in your products and genuinely care about your people, you will be just fine.

I agree... I think this sort of back and forth is important for others to read as it adds to their thinking and education process.

I believe in the advocacy part of the process. And the sooner that it is addressed in the warm up/ pivot the sooner it places you into a good position with your client.

Back