Why Do Many Producers Fail?

JD door knocks...what are you smoking? I'm one of the Atlanta agents...I made a great living selling FE until I bought another business...there is an EFES agent that works downtown Atlanta....i think he did close to 300k last year.

So if it's mail drop percentage...may e you need a price per lead program...that is if your credit is finally cleared up.

What kind of business did you buy? Why did you decide to switch out of FE?

Isn't it kind of a natural thing for sales superstars to have a "do whatever it takes " to be ultra successful ?

Saturation,lead debt,and burnout are major factors for agent failure,right?

So what's wrong with a guy leaving an area where he lives that's pulling 1% or less,average for FE DM and sending cards into an area that pulls much better ?

Like you have said,youwork in an area where there are no large cities,metro areas.
Don't you think agents living in Miami,Atlanta,Las Vegas will have a completely different feel for this business ?

Those places have had seen every type of hustle for decades.

A far cry from what you see day in day out in central Kentucky.

I wonder how you would do if you lived in Miami ?

Not many "garden growing folks" around there.

How much mail would you need to drop to equal the success you have had in this business?

Would you work right there or drive out a few hours to find an area that was better for FE ?

I'm in North Florida and many gents from down south travel up here to write FE.

Yea I know big Massi would travel to better areas. Seems like a smart move if the numbers warrant it. 'Course, it's not exactly in line with what jd/tubbz does so they won't like it. :D

There are many different ways to skin a cat. Some things that might work for JD might not work for Massi, and vice versa.

Some things I have heard that worked well for others don't work well for me. A lot of what we do is trial and error. A good example is payment closing. It worked well for me in the auto industry but it just doesn't seem to work for me with FE. But I do know that some very heavy hitters do it each and every time with tremendous results.

Some guys wear shorts and wife beater shirts, i.e. "Spur city". Personally I don't think it would work well for me.

Yea I know big Massi would travel to better areas. Seems like a smart move if the numbers warrant it. 'Course, it's not exactly in line with what jd/tubbz does so they won't like it. :D

The only guys that I ever knew that didn't travel for the bigger money had a problem at home usually spelled WIFE.

They would never admit it but everyone that knew them knew that.

In the old days I checked into the motel before I hit the first door.

Sometimes there was so much action in the area I'd host a card game in the room.

All kinds of great stories.

Fun !

What kind of business did you buy? Why did you decide to switch out of FE?

Gooner is an entrepreneur. He didn't stop all of his preneurs when he got into FE. I think he runs a night club for toddlers now!

Has nothing to do with liking or not liking it. I don't care if some agent wants to drive all day and get a room and then spend a couple nights to run appointments.

But while he's driving away from his home area someone else is driving in there.

And if that's what they want to do then that's fine. But to claim it has to be that way is just dumb.

But posers will never understand what I just said. So you can stay in the dark.

----------

Lol.....

Well we know 2 things for sure.

1.You won't door knock.

2.You won't drive more than 90 minutes to run appointments.

Todd's on the Royal Neighbors trip in Mexico this week,figured you'd be there ?

I don't know who the "we" are that you reference. But I do DK when I need to. Did a little DK'ing today.

I won't drive over 90 minutes to run appointments regularly. But you must have missed that I said Louisville is 2 and half hours away?

I rarely write RNA anymore since they are not competitive and just a niche company. Todd is there on the backs of other agents. He didn't produce his way there.

Travis or Scott could have gone but they didn't.

Has nothing to do with liking or not liking it. I don't care if some agent wants to drive all day and get a room and then spend a couple nights to run appointments.

But while he's driving away from his home area someone else is driving in there.

And if that's what they want to do then that's fine. But to claim it has to be that way is just dumb.

So ole Massi would be just as good working exclusively South Florida/ Ft Lauderdale/Miami? I may be in the dark, since I don't need to travel in the Badger state, but I'm not the one throwing 'round claims.

-robby

----------

I don't know who the "we" are that you reference. But I do DK when I need to. Did a little DK'ing today.

I won't drive over 90 minutes to run appointments regularly. But you must have missed that I said Louisville is 2 and half hours away?

I rarely write RNA anymore since they are not competitive and just a niche company. Todd is there on the backs of other agents. He didn't produce his way there.

Travis or Scott could have gone but they didn't.

So what kind of agent is driving,going out of his way to run appointments in an area with average pulls ?

It certainly doesn't have to be that way but for someone who wants to learn,experience what other areas outside of their home offer them,why not ?

On the DK,Let me clarify, I meant cold door knocking.

Working Dave's cards in Louisville sounded like a one time deal,out of your normal routine,I read that.

What's wrong with the leader of an IMO enjoying a carrier trip?

Is he not entitled ?

Not busting your chops here,just trying to get you to be a little more open minded about areas,willingness to experiment.

You heavily influence a lot of new agents here,they are reading every post of yours.

In the end many different things work for different agents.Try many things and see what works for you . Personally I don't like to work inner city's but some do well with it . In the end your bank account at yr end speaks the truth.

Back