Why Not Expect 100 Referrals As a Minimum?

What does "OSJ" mean?:confused: Just curious....

Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction. Your "manager" with the broker/dealer.

Depends on who you ask as to exactly what their purpose is.

A) To help the RR, registered representative, follow all the compliance rules, make sure transactions are suitable, and see that the RR is properly trained in securities transactions.

B) To serve and assist compliance in obstructing sales.

C) To ensure that the RRs are following all applicable regulatory and firm rules. Furthermore, to prevent an RR from performing, or failing to perform any act that could expose the firm to adverse regulatory and/or legal action.

A) To help the RR, registered representative, follow all the compliance rules, make sure transactions are suitable, and see that the RR is properly trained in securities transactions.

C) To ensure that the RRs are following all applicable regulatory and firm rules. Furthermore, to prevent an RR from performing, or failing to perform any act that could expose the firm to adverse regulatory and/or legal action.

Only Suckers Join (the broker/dealer)

Thanks for the indepth explanation :yes:

referrals are always the best. I get a few here and there. not 100, jeez.

Steal the rolodex on the way out the door. Debit clients still use rolodexes, right? :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for the indepth explanation :yes:

You're welcome. Some OSJs and B/Ds are "better" at their jobs than others. Some, while claiming to be non-captive, make it next to impossible to sell non-proprietary products. Others serve as little more than a rubber stamp.

Some rubber stamp OSJs got caught being a rubber stamp, and after some "coaching" from the B/D are now the "best" at their jobs.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised we haven't heard about more lawsuits over the market meltdown. I guess the B/Ds have done a good job of settling, or keeping it in arbitration.

Last edited:
rolodex1.jpg

I was told to start with your friends and family, but I don't have that many and all my family members owe me money.

Back