Will CMS Call a MAPD Client?

Many of your clients can hide their own Easter eggs!!

1554395_10152067299233877_8820080609363738908_n.jpg

So I guess CMS has no system in place to monitor all of their silly rules? Ooh don't contact them, they must contact you first even though many don't even know MAPD plans are available. And, you must have them sign a SOP form 48 hrs before you actually discuss MAPD plans etc... How is this rule even possibly helpful to anyone? Give me a break!

So I guess CMS has no system in place to monitor all of their silly rules? Ooh don't contact them, they must contact you first even though many don't even know MAPD plans are available. And, you must have them sign a SOP form 48 hrs before you actually discuss MAPD plans etc... How is this rule even possibly helpful to anyone? Give me a break!

Would you mind staying on subject? This thread's now about Anal Easter Egg Hunts!

What's going on bud, Share the details on this particular method of contact, No need to fear. Cms does not monitor these forums. Lol @ the invisible ink.

Will CMS call a MAPD client and ever ask them about the agent's method of contact etc... ?

The carriers always risk a CMS audit. Because of that, they run their own. You probably would need a complaint before they look into it, but some carriers are more proactive about it. If they do get heat from CMS and can point out all the internal stuff they do to remain compliant it does help them win over CMS.

It's seems pretty obvious here that you're either concerned about the past or something you want to do. Whatever the case is, it's not worth it. If your can't market while being compliant, find other products. A small agency in New York got fined over six figures by trying to skirt the law.

Last edited:
Will CMS call a MAPD client and ever ask them about the agent's method of contact etc... ?

I did have one or two clients in the past tell me they got a call from CMS or the carrier asking questions about initial contact.I have enrolled a couple of thousand or so in MA plans over the last 8 years so maybe it's just a small random sample they make these calls too or maybe it was because at the time I was writing such a volume of business that i got flagged as someone they should audit.

From what i see in the field from unethical agents it must be easy to get away with breaking marketing rules that is until you get a complaint and then they will ask you all about how you made initial contact.So the best policy is too do every enrollment knowing you would have no problem honestly responding to the 20 to 30 questions you may be asked by the carrier about your encounter with the client.

I did have one or two clients in the past tell me they got a call from CMS or the carrier asking questions about initial contact.I have enrolled a couple of thousand or so in MA plans over the last 8 years so maybe it's just a small random sample they make these calls too or maybe it was because at the time I was writing such a volume of business that i got flagged as someone they should audit.

From what i see in the field from unethical agents it must be easy to get away with breaking marketing rules that is until you get a complaint and then they will ask you all about how you made initial contact.So the best policy is too do every enrollment knowing you would have no problem honestly responding to the 20 to 30 questions you may be asked by the carrier about your encounter with the client.
Thanks for a helpful reply...

Back