Workers Comp

O

oicu812nbama

submitted my first workers comp case to 10 carriers and still got beat $2079 vs $2983 by some carrier i've never heard of. this is going to be as frustrating as i thought.:mad: but worth it. knowledge is power

do you think you will write everything......

How do you know you did the quote right?

How do you know the other agent doesnt have this mis-classified...

there could be dozens of reasons of why you didnt get this....

of course i'm going to write everything. i just picked up the contract for the company that beat me. :) i have captive experience rba. first time i got to submit to multiple carriers using a rater. should have clarified that.
it's a friend of mine and i answered all the questions truthfully, so i'm sure that had something to do with it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
the code could be janitorial or exterminator. i put exterminator. how can i find out if the other agent used janitorial. i'm sure that's much cheaper?

Last edited by a moderator:
of course i'm going to write everything. i just picked up the contract for the company that beat me. :) i have captive experience rba. first time i got to submit to multiple carriers using a rater. should have clarified that.
it's a friend of mine and i answered all the questions truthfully, so i'm sure that had something to do with it.
the code could be janitorial or exterminator. i put exterminator. how can i find out if the other agent used janitorial. i'm sure that's much cheaper?

Exterminator WILL be higher than a janitor, simply due to the chemicals they use......

Thats was my next point, you must not have COMPETITIVE carriers, you can have 1000 carriers, but if you have the 1000 worst rated carriers, your still screwed.....

so should i quote it janitorial? what happens if they get audited?

amtrust, berkley, chartis, hartford, qbe, travelers and a couple other acronyms.
who do i need?...........................................

Last edited by a moderator:
so should i quote it janitorial? what happens if they get audited?

amtrust, berkley, chartis, hartford, qbe, travelers and a couple other acronyms.
who do i need?...........................................

I'm not in your state, so I dont know who you need, but this is a case where you need to call the U/W and discuss with them.....

i called first comp and talked to an underwriter. they said it was a good rate.
janitoral and exterminator is the same with wc according to him.
BOR baybee!

i called first comp and talked to an underwriter. they said it was a good rate.
janitoral and exterminator is the same with wc according to him.
BOR baybee!

Both are same code, but a carrier may not choose to write that SIC code of the business, meaning Exterminator vs. Janitorial.

I have underwritten WC for 25 Years for our payroll company and was a WC actuary at one time.

Biggest thing I see is this. a competing agent will low ball the wage estimate so their premium will come under yours. With this low a premium, it will be easy to low ball it.

Were you able to see the other quote to compare?

Last edited:
Back