Workers Comp

Both are same code, but a carrier may not choose to write that SIC code of the business, meaning Exterminator vs. Janitorial.

I have underwritten WC for 25 Years for our payroll company and was a WC actuary at one time.

Biggest thing I see is this. a competing agent will low ball the wage estimate so their premium will come under yours. With this low a premium, it will be easy to low ball it.

Were you able to see the other quote to compare?

yes, it has 1 employee with the payroll of $60,000. it should be 3 employees with the same payroll. no losses ever / 15 years in biz. $1million coverage/1/1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Some states make a distinction between commercial and residential. Not sure if this applies in your state.
that question wasn't ever asked by anyone. they do both, though

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, it has 1 employee with the payroll of $60,000. it should be 3 employees with the same payroll. no losses ever / 15 years in biz. $1million coverage/1/1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

that question wasn't ever asked by anyone. they do both, though

WC is payroll driven. Number of employees should not matter. I think you would be best advised to read up on your state's WC regulations, laws and procedures or talk to an experienced WC agent in your state. This forum in general is probably not the best place for advice due to variances in the different states. My experience and advice is driven by my practice in NJ, PA and DE and does not necessarily translate to your specific needs in AL

been reading. thanks. the other company has a better rate.

Back