Working on a 2nd Site

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
I just wanted to get some opinion on my new site www.UtahMedicarePros.com . I am working on some contact us and quote links, as well as a call to action, but otherwise want some opionions on basic layout, load time etc. I appreciate any and all input. Thanks.

I would of started with an aged domain instead of registering a brand new domain. How you thought about marketing in other states, besides Utah (to generate more leads?).

Actually, this leads to a question that I have always wanted to ask.

Some sites (not many) will use one of their pages to list every city and,or county that they offer coverage in. Of course, it can be a very large list.

Does it have any positive impact from an SEO standpoint.

I have always NOT done this. At most, I'll list perhaps 4-7 counties in an article if they are relevant.

I would of started with an aged domain instead of registering a brand new domain. How you thought about marketing in other states, besides Utah (to generate more leads?).

I'm trying to search for aged domain names that have two specific words in the name on Godaddy but can't figure out how.

For instance, if I wanted an aged domain name with the two words "egg" and "cheese" how do I put that into the search area to perhaps find eggandcheeserecipes.com ?????

Actually, this leads to a question that I have always wanted to ask.
Some sites (not many) will use one of their pages to list every city and,or county that they offer coverage in. Of course, it can be a very large list.
Does it have any positive impact from an SEO standpoint.
I have always NOT done this. At most, I'll list perhaps 4-7 counties in an article if they are relevant.

I got a hit for someone searching "insurance term life geico odessa texas" yesterday and do think I was on page one because of this....

I just started working on my onlysite and you're already doing another one! :embarrassed: Is there a reason to having more than one site?

I am doing a 2nd one because it is very cheap for me, and when they both rank, Ill have twice the presence. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

That being said, I have inquired about a ton of older domains that fit my criteria and there are some folks that want way too much money.

I'm trying to search for aged domain names that have two specific words in the name on Godaddy but can't figure out how.

For instance, if I wanted an aged domain name with the two words "egg" and "cheese" how do I put that into the search area to perhaps find eggandcheeserecipes.com ?????

i dont think they allow query strings like : inurl:" florida + health + insurance" or "egg" + "cheese".

I would put one kw in and search or it or put them together and search.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would search to see if the county name comes up in the google instant or suggestion drop down, and if it does, I'd take 5 minutes write an article and post it. Local kw's are not targetted very heavily, so even though they have low search volume, if you have 100 pages that get's 1 visitor a day, that's 100 visitors a day more, might be 5-20 leads per day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That being said, I have inquired about a ton of older domains that fit my criteria and there are some folks that want way too much money.

what's your criteria for an older domain?

Last edited:
jimmyut,
I know very little about SEO, but I do read posts on here from very smart SEO people.

one thing that seems to be consensus is that one large site is far superior to multiple smaller sites, as far as SEO is concerned. so maybe you're better off just expanding the first site rather than creating a new one?

ob1kanobee, another thing I hear from SEO people is to stay away from godaddy. something about their slow load times that SEO people doesn't like.

Back