Working the FE Leads.

But you are just running FE leads, right?

I did it this way whether running Medicare Supp leads or FE leads.
Don't get me wrong, I set the appointment most of the time, but I did try to do a little pre-qualifying so that I knew what I was walking into. Like I say, I didn't want to walk into a home only to find out that they wanted something that wasn't in the realm of possibilities!

I did it this way whether running Medicare Supp leads or FE leads.
Don't get me wrong, I set the appointment most of the time, but I did try to do a little pre-qualifying so that I knew what I was walking into. Like I say, I didn't want to walk into a home only to find out that they wanted something that wasn't in the realm of possibilities!

I understand, but the op was talking about running FE leads. I don't know of any successful fulltime FE agents that spend time on the phone qualifying. I know many unsuccessful FE agents that do too much qualifying on the phone.

So ... you just call them? Tell them you'll be there @ 8am on Tuesday:1rolleyes:?

Yes. I'm setting my appointments today for tomorrow. My goal is to have 6 appointments tomorrow starting at 9:30 am and then 1 and 1 half apart for the rest of the day.

When I call then I ask for the person on the reply card and then say, "Mr. so and so, this is JD with, {my company}, and we are the people that you folks sent in a request for information to about our final expense life insurance and I'm the guy that takes care of that in your area. I'm going to be in your area tomorrow and I need 10 minutes of your time to go over that, are you available at 9:30?".

The next on I will say "11:00" and so on until I have 6 appointments. Now, if they give a bad "vibe" over the phone or say somthing about it being a good day because they have their dialysis on Wed., I will only allow an hour for that one. I never ask about health. I never discuss pricing.

I used to talk too much on the phone and it was hard for me to learn to not do much talking. My business took off when I learned to do it this way.

I have averaged almost $17,000/mo. in ap for for two and a half years now doing it like this on 15 leads per week.

It may not work for everybody, but it does for me and for the people I learned from.

There is no doubt you have been extremely successful.

Not only that, but you seem to enjoy your work.

A rare combination!

Do you always start at 9:30?

I only ask because I am assuming a large portion of your clients are seniors. Has it been your experience that seniors have time preferences? Do they prefer mornings or evenings?

Have you ever been in “dangerous” neighborhoods or other areas where safety is a concern? Or, do you stay away from such areas?:)

Yes. I'm setting my appointments today for tomorrow. My goal is to have 6 appointments tomorrow starting at 9:30 am and then 1 and 1 half apart for the rest of the day.

When I call then I ask for the person on the reply card and then say, "Mr. so and so, this is JD with, {my company}, and we are the people that you folks sent in a request for information to about our final expense life insurance and I'm the guy that takes care of that in your area. I'm going to be in your area tomorrow and I need 10 minutes of your time to go over that, are you available at 9:30?".

The next on I will say "11:00" and so on until I have 6 appointments. Now, if they give a bad "vibe" over the phone or say somthing about it being a good day because they have their dialysis on Wed., I will only allow an hour for that one. I never ask about health. I never discuss pricing.

I used to talk too much on the phone and it was hard for me to learn to not do much talking. My business took off when I learned to do it this way.

I have averaged almost $17,000/mo. in ap for for two and a half years now doing it like this on 15 leads per week.

It may not work for everybody, but it does for me and for the people I learned from.

So that makes you about $17,000 per month if my math be correct?

Final expense is such a grind. I don't know how you guys do it. Curious jdeasy: how many appts are you running to hit that 17k?

I kinda agree that is'a grind. Thing is, I enjoy the grind. I am generallly only in the field two days a week. That's Tues. and Thurs. I set my Tues. appointments on Mon. and my Thurs. appointments on Wed. I never schedule more than one day out with FE.

My goal is to have 6 appointment on each day in the field, so that's 12 in an ideal week.

Last week I had 5 on Tues. and 7 on Thurs. The week before I had 7 on Tues. and 5 on Thurs. I probably average 10 appointments per week over the course of a year. That's set appointments. I get no shows sometimes and some I'm only tere for 5 minutes as I walk into a deal with oxygen tanks sitting everywhere and they tell me upfront they don't have a checking or savings account.

That's all part of being a final expense agent. My goal is to write $3000 ap per week. I've been over my goals for sometime now. I won't be as much over my goal this year as last. My upline manager, Hoosierdaddy is big on getting your goal and then stopping. I'm doing more of that now.

If I get my goal on Tues now, I probably won't go out on Thurs. Or, I may just an appointment or two, definately not a full day. Last week I did $2400 on Tues., so since I hadn't hit my goal I scheduled a full day on Thurs. I did $5500 on Thurs which put me at almost $8000 for the week. If I had done the $5500 on Tues., I wouldn't have worked Thurs.

The grind to me is the appointment setting days and the paperwork of doing the apps and getting them faxed in and tracking pending and all the tedious stuff that goes along with writing over 300 applications in a year. That's the grind.

Going on appointments and talking to different people all the time is the enjoyment for me.

Back