Working with Real Estate Agents?

Dan hit the nail on the head.

Most real estate agents sell very few homes in a year. Look up the numbers for your market, but I bet the average is less than 10. There is a small core that are really moving properties.

Also, for those that are, the small commission from a life sale is not likely to interest them compared to the commissions from a home sale.

Finally, regardless of whether they are moving a lot of homes or a few, they aren't going to want you anywhere near the buyer until after the sale closes and is funded. At which point, you may as well just get the transactions from the newspaper or the county office that records transactions in your state.

Most real estate agents sell very few homes in a year. Look up the numbers for your market, but I bet the average is less than 10. There is a small core that are really moving properties.

Also, for those that are, the small commission from a life sale is not likely to interest them compared to the commissions from a home sale.

Finally, regardless of whether they are moving a lot of homes or a few, they aren't going to want you anywhere near the buyer until after the sale closes and is funded. At which point, you may as well just get the transactions from the newspaper or the county office that records transactions in your state.

Thank you so much. You made some really great points I didn't think of. Guess I will have to get a bit more creative!

I set up a P&C agency, get their Homeowner’s referral (much easier to get) and then just at closing go for the Life before they get flooded by mailers. Still working on the process.
Maybe an easier route is to work with a P&C agent...

Reactions: DHK
I would also surmise that many P&C agents are also licensed in L&H. If not, it wouldn't be hard for them to do. Much cleaner and perhaps more lucrative business arrangement.

I set up a P&C agency, get their Homeowner’s referral (much easier to get) and then just at closing go for the Life before they get flooded by mailers. Still working on the process.
Maybe an easier route is to work with a P&C agent...

I would say this is market specific. In many markets, the mortgage broker is the one driving the insurance for the loan. So the realtor may not be the right person to partner with.

Of course the mortgage broker will feel the exact same way about life insurance, only after the transaction is closed and the loan funded.

Finally, regardless of whether they are moving a lot of homes or a few, they aren't going to want you anywhere near the buyer until after the sale closes and is funded check out sunbay.es. At which point, you may as well just get the transactions from the newspaper or the county office that records transactions in your state.
To incentivize real estate agents legally for referrals as an insurance producer, consider these steps:

1. Offer value: Provide resources and information beneficial to their clients.
  2. Build relationships: Network and establish trust through industry events and meetings.
  3. Formal agreements: Create referral agreements outlining compensation terms compliant with regulations.
  4. Marketing collaboration: Partner on joint marketing efforts to promote services effectively.
  5. Legal compliance: Consult legal and tax professionals to ensure adherence to laws and regulations.
  6. Transparent communication: Clearly communicate the referral process and compensation arrangements upfront.
Setting up a corporation and utilizing 1099 reporting may offer tax advantages, but seek professional guidance to ensure compliance.

Back