Would any Medd supp. company underwrite someone in nursing home?

Jack B

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a nursing home in the state of NJ that send me customers, they want everyone off MAPD, & to go to original Medicare with Med Supp.

I was able to get someone guaranteed when they moved from out of state.

Assuming they can otherwise pass UW would being in SNF be automatic decline with all companies?

I have a nursing home in the state of NJ that send me customers, they want everyone off MAPD, & to go to original Medicare with Med Supp.

I was able to get someone guaranteed when they moved from out of state.

Assuming they can otherwise pass UW would being in SNF be automatic decline with all companies?
No Med Sup company wants that biz. no one will take it, unless they have a G.I. situation. And if any Medicare supplement company notices that you’re having an unusual amount of GI cases into nursing homes, they will most likely term your contract.

That's like a PC agent who has a friend on the fire Dept. and trying to write coverage before the house burns completely down .
Lots of folks go to nursing home for rehab, like after knee surgery...... who are otherwise healthy.

I get the distinction. I worked in skilled nursing facilities/ nursing homes for 18 years. They truly are one and the same building. However, the skilled part is different as far as how insurances deal with them.

Back