Would any Medd supp. company underwrite someone in nursing home?

I get the distinction. I worked in skilled nursing facilities/ nursing homes for 18 years. They truly are one and the same building. However, the skilled part is different as far as how insurances deal with them.

Then why did you ask?

SNF provides medically necessary services . . . nursing home does not

in addition, would you like to describe the difference between a SNF , and a nursing home. They are the same structure in case you are unaware of that

in addition, would you like to describe the difference between a SNF , and a nursing home. They are the same structure in case you are unaware of that
They may be in the same structure but they are not the same thing. Nursing homes are generalized care whereas SNF care requires specific professional training.

Hospitals also provide different types of care under the same structure.

You got it. And it all happens with the same exact nurses, nurse aids, therapist and doctors under the same roof at the same time. See how clarification and communication is a great thing

You got it. And it all happens with the same exact nurses, nurse aids, therapist and doctors under the same roof at the same time. See how clarification and communication is a great thing
I operate as an insurance agent. I also operate as a financial advisor.

Depending on our interaction, I am compensated differently and need to disclose that accordingly.

I am the same person. The hat I wear may change though.

This is no different than what you're describing but there are different laws that govern the same person/care.

ICD10 codes and CPT4 codes determine the dx and treatment regardless of who administers the care or where.

Anyone who worked in a health care facility should know that . . . unless they were a janitor

Back