Writing 15 policies a week ?

Re: writing 15 policies a week??

I was just kidding with you. 6 closes a week is outstanding. What I was talking about was stamina. I might pass out with 15 apps a week, but I am sure I could force myself to process 15 apps if the opportunity arose.

I wasn't downing you. I would actually like to know what your lead source is! All I am saying is the more money you spend, the more sales you should make. Of course you can do 15 sales a week. Sounds like you have a legit lead source, close 1 out of 5, take 20 leads a day, sell 4 a day, total per week, 20 sales a week. As long as you can keep awake, you should sell that many.

Last edited:

I am just new to the internet/phone sales...When I got into insurance I was captive with a horrible company, and all we did was belly to belly sales. I've been independant for awhile now and I've always just met with each client until now. My lead source has slowly gotten better, and now I think that its necessary to go pure internet/phone sales.

Writing 15 apps a week is no problem. Just slam the prospect into something and move on.

Creating 15 clients a week is more difficult.

I guess it all depends on how efficiently your system works. I can write one to one and a half a day when I'm motivated.

However it is a lot of work. There are a lot of phone calls to take from people who buy and from people who don't. There are a lot of emailed questions to answer. There is a lot of service work to do.

There is a point where too many clients means too little service and professionalism. You've got to figure out what your capacity is before you determine how many cases you should write.

There are a lot of phone calls to take from people who buy and from people who don't. There are a lot of emailed questions to answer. There is a lot of service work to do.

There is a point where too many clients means too little service and professionalism

Ditto

Writing 15 apps a week is no problem. Just slam the prospect into something and move on.

Creating 15 clients a week is more difficult.

Seems like your slamming the possibility.

Let's take an 8 hour day. Incudling room for calls you could write 4 per day in an 8 hour day couldn't you? More if Humana handled taking the application right?

Oh, but that would mean you have to work your butt off and make calls ALL DAY LONG wouldn't it?

You wouldn't really have time for the forum would you?

Maybe there's a sales tip.

Seems like your slamming the possibility.

Let's take an 8 hour day. Incudling room for calls you could write 4 per day in an 8 hour day couldn't you? More if Humana handled taking the application right?

Oh, but that would mean you have to work your butt off and make calls ALL DAY LONG wouldn't it?

You wouldn't really have time for the forum would you?

Maybe there's a sales tip.

That was pretty damn funny. I almost spit my drank out. You can definitely write 3 deals a day working 8hr days. Why does it seem that you have to slam people into deals in order for this to work. If you ditch the crappy leads who are just looking for a quote and focus on the leads who actually want someone to solve there problems right now then I don't see why this can't be feasible. Now I do understand that the service work may be a pain but you can always hire someone to take care of that for you so that you can get to do what you do best. Sell. Now if selling isn't what you do best than it may be hard.

That was pretty damn funny. I almost spit my drank out. You can definitely write 3 deals a day working 8hr days. Why does it seem that you have to slam people into deals in order for this to work. If you ditch the crappy leads who are just looking for a quote and focus on the leads who actually want someone to solve there problems right now then I don't see why this can't be feasible. Now I do understand that the service work may be a pain but you can always hire someone to take care of that for you so that you can get to do what you do best. Sell. Now if selling isn't what you do best than it may be hard.

Exactly, I hired a sales assistant, my time is best spent selling, that makes the most money. So I don't do the $10 an hour tasks (not that it's demeaning) because, due to experience and expertise, I'm worth more than $10 an hour so I hand it over to someone who's value is currently at $10 an hour and they're paid to do that stuff. It's win, win.

Glad you got a laugh out of it, LOL.

write 3 deals a day . . . slam people into deals

Deals are not the same as clients.

But few people are astute enough to grasp the difference.

A few years ago I helped out a buddy with an open enrollment for WSM in a school system. I cranked out 60+ apps a week for 6 weeks and made decent money. Some of the other guys and gals who were more experienced were hitting over 100 apps a week. Others did good to write 20 apps a week.

You have 15 minutes to review options and take an app. Prospects have set appointments and come to you. Some folks buy 3 policies or more while some buy none. I had one lady buy 7.

Pitch them, sign them up (or not), move on.

Deals, not clients.

Don't apologize for your lack of understanding the difference.

Back