Your Worst Experience Ever With a GA or FMO Etc...

No one comes close to Parker and Asses as the worst. That's personal experience. Not some pie in the sky like Al and commenting on something I never had experience with.

I'm sure if you call up the Parker people on the phone and kiss their ass you would say they are nice enough folks to chat with.

Parker and Asses will steal your money and refuse to release you. It dooesn't get much worse than that.

Somehow I avoided them as an FMO. But I did call and had many conversations with Mr. Parker. Seems like a great guy and just because EVERYONE posts how bad they are, my experience is just the opposite.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the way they do business but only because we had a wonderful conversation where we agreed that you are not a good agent.

That's just my opinion and I'm enititled to it because I never worked with them.

Rick

Go call your friend Bob and have his lawyer send me another letter threatening to sue over my opinion of him.

Rick

Hmmm. I think maybe we are getting a bit closer to the truth on why you posted about RBI and Bob B.

You said some very unkind things about him in this venue and he got pissed off and called you on it and made you take down your posts. You were pretty angry about it at the time.

You're entitled to your opinion on him or anyone else. Just let other have THEIR opinion, OK?

Life is not a zero-sum game.

Chill.

You said some very unkind things about him in this venue and he got pissed off and called you on it and made you take down your posts. You were pretty angry about it at the time.

I did not take down the posts. Sam decided to move them over my objections. I wanted them to remain and hoped that they would spend thousands taking me court. There wasn't a chance they would do it since there was nothing untrue with my posts.

Everything I said about Bob and how he "worked" with me was the truth. I asked his lawyer for specifics of what I said that was not correct and never heard back. I guess they thought they could bully me with threats but when I called them on it they turned tail and ran.

I still believe Bob Bever is the worst FMO I have worked with and my opinion is shared by others. Since you have so many contracts with him I know your opinion of his operation is valid. WARNING TO NEW AGENTS: BASED UPON MY EXPERIENCE STAY AWAY FROM BOB BEVER AND RBI.

Now if you want to work with him and tell us how he walks on water, go for it. Until then, you have no experience at all with him as an FMO.

The only reason you might think I was angry is because someone decided to check up on my relationship with the FMO and based upon a few friendly conversations posted that I probably was at fault and that Bob was a wonderful human being. Now just who might that person have been that he cared so much about proving me wrong that he took the time to .... Oh screw it. You're not worth it.

Rick

Last edited:
My nomination is Pinney Insurance... but they are hardly the 'worst.' Indeed, they are quite good. My objection is that they compete with their sales channel (indie agents) by having a "direct to consumer" side of their business as you can see from this link.

I've corresponded with Jan Pinney on this and he claims that he is not taking business away from agents because he is reaching a market that we're not. He runs a good agency, is well-known and well-respected and does a lot to support NAIFA in our area. If this issue is not a concern to you, I recommend them.

They sort of keep this web-biz a secret... they don't tell their agents about it.... and I can understand why.

I used to put my DI cases (Principal) through them but when I learned about this I decided to use a different GA, recommended to me by the Principal rep.

I don't think a GA should compete with the agents who bring their business to them.

YMMV

My nomination is Pinney Insurance... but they are hardly the 'worst.' Indeed, they are quite good. My objection is that they compete with their sales channel (indie agents) by having a "direct to consumer" side of their business as you can see from this link.

I've corresponded with Jan Pinney on this and he claims that he is not taking business away from agents because he is reaching a market that we're not. He runs a good agency, is well-known and well-respected and does a lot to support NAIFA in our area. If this issue is not a concern to you, I recommend them.

They sort of keep this web-biz a secret... they don't tell their agents about it.... and I can understand why.

I used to put my DI cases (Principal) through them but when I learned about this I decided to use a different GA, recommended to me by the Principal rep.

I don't think a GA should compete with the agents who bring their business to them.

YMMV

Al, thanks for the kind words. I have been with Pinney in both the retail and brokerage services side for several years. I am working with several agents on this forum now that are actually quite satisfied with our services as you had also indicated. Our retail business was actually started to branch out, and for quite a while was completely separate. We have an internal guideline that says if we ever see a case through our internet channel and also see that case through a broker--the tie ALWAYS goes to the broker. For example, I sold a client, got a signed app and exam completed $10,000+ premium case, and a broker got us an app as well. We recommended to the client to proceed with their local broker instead.

We have actually seen explosive growth in using our call center to our broker's advantage. We have many relationships with P&C, health brokers and investment guys that want to offer life insurance but don't actually want to do the quoting, work and processing. They put their clients through our call center agents and we split the commissions 50/50 with them owning the client. We have taken our knowledge of internet marketing and "given" it away to our brokers and they love us for it. We have helped grow our partners' agency's dramitically with website quoting, marketing and services like www.EZlifesales.com. Not to pimp our programs but we built them to serve the middle market and allow our brokers to better deal with their $400 term cases..

I had a horrible experience with a large captive mutual company that everybody knows. They had great products, but when you are fresh in the biz you need more than that.

I was recruited by an agent for Tag Insuance Group. The recruiter never answered my calls or returned messages. His local 'manager' had less on the ball than I did. I managed to get the owner on the phone and inspired him to move me direct. After that, I got him on the phone and somehow fast talked him into giving me a release as he had my contract with United Healthcare and getting paid by him. One of the ladies in the office called me a liar because she used a phrase I was unfamiliar with and I answered it wrong. What really surprised me was that they have kept paying me renewals. There was another one in Omaha who wouldn't accept my calls or return my messages when an HMO was falling apart. I call these places Evil Empires. I now have a wonderful FMO that treats me like a king. In fact they gave me a contract increase without my asking. Call Network Insurance in Florida and ask for Diana Smith and see the difference.

I agree Al. Pinney is VERY good. I was with 3 other IMO's before I found Pinney and none delivered on their promises like Pinney has. I met Jan Pinney and his wife at a NAIFA meeting a few months ago and can only say good things about that man and his operation. I've been in the business long enough to know a good thing when I see one and Pinney is the real deal.

Their EZlife platform has allowed me to submit more life insurance business than I ever have. They are on to something huge. If anyone has any specific questions regarding Pinney, feel free to PM me.

If you're looking for a great life ins MO look no further than Cary Levinson and Assoc. They have been in business for more than 25 years and Cary's son has taken it to the highest tech level with their own toolbar.

GregD said:
Many have had problems with the FMO they are with I have a solution for your troubles. If you have a contract with CIP and hate your current FMO call me or Email me and we can get your contract moved from BOB Bever or anyone else you wish. My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX I am the Wisconsin Executive Market Manager for Consumer Insurance Advocates. We are one of the largestest FMO companies. We offer high level contracts. My email is Spammer I look forward to helping you with your problem.

Not a great first post. No one knows you and your first exposure to the forum is to ask for business from the forums members. Your post could be termed an offer which requires 100 posts and to be put in the offers section.

Last edited:
Back