My personal experience with Aflac

Re: Working with AFLAC for now

$68 a month? This poor freakin' guy can't even make his house payment...
I was laying it out as food for thought. Many choice words come to mind at the moment, but sufficed to say you would not be so quick with your words if this was a conversation rather than a post. I am just letting him know that in the future he can get an account, and pull non-aflac client leads day and night. I also offered to download 500 leads for him, and give them to him for free. So now, you chose this moment to attack rather than to read the act of kindness I have placed to him.

Re: Working with AFLAC for now

I also found out that my E&O for only $232 a yr is good with any health and life products!

Michael I tried to get salesGenie Through them and they told me the same thing. But something with my upline and SalesGenie not following through it hasn't happened. I am not sure I can PM yet I will try if you don't get something from me pm me LOL.

Thanks guys you all are great and I have learned a lot and look forward to learning a lot more.

Re: My personal experience with Aflac.

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you for saving me from making a huge mistake!!!

Even though I have my own food diary business, I was intertaining the idea of selling AFLAC...or others.

:nah:

It is definitely not for me...it would have been a train wreck for me.

Thanks again, DFD

Re: Working for Aflac?

How long have you had your License....

I got my license in 1985 when I sold for Southern Life and Health. Went door to door selling a $10 accident policy. I was the trailer park king.

You can't compare individual with group health. There is no comparison especially when I can walk in and tell the business owner that I can save him up to 10% on his health care cost for his employees. Then tell him that he can give his employees a raise compliments of uncle sam by up to 25%. Especially when he pays part of the employees health benefits. Business owners are all about the money and what's in it for me. What other company can you go in and set up a section 125 for free?

Re: Working for Aflac?

Hi,
I was interviewed by AFLAC last week here in Brooklyn, New York. I got the vibes of everything that was said here...
(I'm currently a Health Agent for a small regional NYC Company)

What I'm looking for are Aflac type plans I could sell to individuals.

I looked at Combined but they want me to go 250 miles away to upstate New York (I live in Brooklyn) for 2 weeks (unacceptable) and on top of it we do not have 1099 status...

Does anyone know which companies offer AD&D products targeted to individuals? Please reply or drop me an email ([email protected]) Thanks

I have only had my Life, A&H license for about four weeks. I am presently with AFLAC. I will admit that it is a hard job. The one thing that I have learned from doing all of the cold calling is how many people don't have health care.

Well as luck would have it I found this forum never knowing that I could work with an outfit like HCO or any other ones like it. I am currently waiting for my writing numbers for several providers.

I will still use AFLAC but will have a war chest full of other products to offer as well. I have gone back to some of the people that didn't have insurance and some asked for health quotes. The ones asking for quotes are now interested in AFLAC as well so maybe I can make two sales.

All in all I think that no matter who you start out with its not going to be easy. I know that I have good days and I have bad days.

Good products and underwriting. Bad management, business philosophy, and bad training. But I've made more than 50k in a year with them in the past.

I have gone back to some of the people that didn't have insurance and some asked for health quotes.

Here's my experienced guess...you'll do a lot of "quotes", but won't write many applications.

If you are new to the business, here's a tip:

People without insurance are some of the worst prospects you can find. Very few people wake up in the morning and say, "wow -- what a great day to buy some health insurance -- I can't wait to add another monthly bill..." Any that due are generally uninsurable.

More productive to spend your time with people who see the wisdom in having health insurance -- and seeing if you can help them better their situation!

Indeed.

When I'm on the phone with a prospect who tells me me they have not had coverage for a significant period of time, I can't get off the phone fast enough.

Sometimes they do indeed get a wild hair and think "....I really should get coverage."

That feeling seems to wane after the 3rd or 4th month of billing.

Back