American Income

dcd3funeral

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone have experience with american income?? They pay on submission?? They give free leads i heard??

Anyone have experience with american income?? They pay on submission?? They give free leads i heard??

One of the most overpriced carriers in the industry.... free leads are never free by the way. You'll pay dearly for free leads.

I've never worked for them, but I've heard from several agents that those "free" leads tend to be recycled, and worked to death. Free is relative. Working leads like that may not cost you money (upfront anyway), but they do cost you time.

Last edited:

45% commission then some sort of bonus program. The free leads is a list of union employees you will call on to give away a free ADD policy then try and sell them life ins. They are a Torchmark company where Agent Abuse is the norm.

Just out of college as a guy dumb enough to believe their story and use their pitch using their leads I made about seven grand my first month and half that the next. If they keep you busy it's great, but I left when the leads stopped coming. I know a number of folks that have done well there, but we're the exception. I got great training and I'm grateful I started there. I wouldn't go back and it isn't for everyone, but it's not as bad as some folks believe.

Man...where o where do we begin. hahahaaa Not knocking you but you must be newly lic'd? They prey on the newly lic'd. Just like NAA and Lincoln Heritage. They're success is based off your ignorance.

OK...cliff notes:

They have a deal with the unions. You hit up the union workers to "review their benefits" and then have to upsell them. You will work your farking ars off!!! Thats for sure. You will be pushed to recruit, recruit, recruit.

Been to a cattle call meeting yet? If not...rent Boiler Room and watch the Ben Affleck recruting scene. That's about it. (One of my favorite parts btw)

Brother...of these 3 companies I talked about on here...I would suggest...

NONE OF THEM!!! If you want to work like a dog and piss away any last dollars you have...most of us on here would be happy to take you. LOL

But in all seriousness...keep looking.

Im not newly licensed been doing this for 2 years but i was curious about the free leads. Just went through chargeback hell and having a rough time notwithstanding my current ytd production of $40k; alot of which is americo up3 and therefore only 37.5 commish...

Im not newly licensed been doing this for 2 years but i was curious about the free leads. Just went through chargeback hell and having a rough time notwithstanding my current ytd production of $40k; alot of which is americo up3 and therefore only 37.5 commish...

Oh dang. Yeah..UP3 will kill ya. Listen...you pay either way. yes, it's nice not having out of pocket expense's but...the lower the contract...the lower the comp and renewals.

It sounds like you simply need to hook up with the right company with good leads and great training and fair priced leads. There are no good options when it comes to "free leads".

Just out of college as a guy dumb enough to believe their story and use their pitch using their leads I made about seven grand my first month and half that the next. If they keep you busy it's great, but I left when the leads stopped coming. I know a number of folks that have done well there, but we're the exception. I got great training and I'm grateful I started there. I wouldn't go back and it isn't for everyone, but it's not as bad as some folks believe.

No recruit, recruit, recruit for my experience with them.

Last edited:
Back