Door Knocking Tip..........

bboman23

601-938-7663 - [email protected]
5000 Post Club
Mississippi
I had a couple of situations where an agent would ask me what I do when they door knock a house and get in and realize it is a one legger. They waste too much time, so I figured I would put on here what I do just in case it helps someone else...

If I am door knocking DM leads and it has a husband and wife on the card...whoever answers the door just ask for the opposite person. So if Mary opens the door, "Hey Mary is John around?" That way you know they are both there. If she says no he is not here right now....then find out when he will be around and say ok I will just swing by then and talk to him...and try to get away quickly so you don't have to go into what its about etc.....

I know this may seem simple to some of you and I was taught this by someone several years back when I was at Parker and Asses, and some of the agents I bring it up to have never heard of this, so I hope it helps someone!

If my grammar isn't up to par just keep in mind I live in Missusipiee :)

I had a couple of situations where an agent would ask me what I do when they door knock a house and get in and realize it is a one legger. They waste too much time, so I figured I would put on here what I do just in case it helps someone else...

If I am door knocking DM leads and it has a husband and wife on the card...whoever answers the door just ask for the opposite person. So if Mary opens the door, "Hey Mary is John around?" That way you know they are both there. If she says no he is not here right now....then find out when he will be around and say ok I will just swing by then and talk to him...and try to get away quickly so you don't have to go into what its about etc.....

I know this may seem simple to some of you and I was taught this by someone several years back when I was at Parker and Asses, and some of the agents I bring it up to have never heard of this, so I hope it helps someone!

If my grammar isn't up to par just keep in mind I live in Missusipiee :)

Gooed stuf they're Ben, awr yoo shure yore frum Missusipiee?;)

I had a couple of situations where an agent would ask me what I do when they door knock a house and get in and realize it is a one legger. They waste too much time, so I figured I would put on here what I do just in case it helps someone else... If I am door knocking DM leads and it has a husband and wife on the card...whoever answers the door just ask for the opposite person. So if Mary opens the door, "Hey Mary is John around?" That way you know they are both there. If she says no he is not here right now....then find out when he will be around and say ok I will just swing by then and talk to him...and try to get away quickly so you don't have to go into what its about etc..... I know this may seem simple to some of you and I was taught this by someone several years back when I was at Parker and Asses, and some of the agents I bring it up to have never heard of this, so I hope it helps someone! If my grammar isn't up to par just keep in mind I live in Missusipiee :)
That's good. Your Doorknocking approach has been used for years. It works.

I had a couple of situations where an agent would ask me what I do when they door knock a house and get in and realize it is a one legger. They waste too much time, so I figured I would put on here what I do just in case it helps someone else... If I am door knocking DM leads and it has a husband and wife on the card...whoever answers the door just ask for the opposite person. So if Mary opens the door, "Hey Mary is John around?" That way you know they are both there. If she says no he is not here right now....then find out when he will be around and say ok I will just swing by then and talk to him...and try to get away quickly so you don't have to go into what its about etc..... I know this may seem simple to some of you and I was taught this by someone several years back when I was at Parker and Asses, and some of the agents I bring it up to have never heard of this, so I hope it helps someone! If my grammar isn't up to par just keep in mind I live in Missusipiee :)

That's good info and it's the way Travis and most of our top agents say to do it. I do them different and catch a LOT of grief over what I do from all the "full time" FE guys. I'll toss it out there for discussion just because it works well for me even if it's the wrong way.

First of all if you are door knocking you probably either don't have a phone number or couldn't get them to answer. So just stopping by another time when they are both home is not a real easy thing to do anyway.

I go on in. Most of the time I'll be in front of the wife. I find the need. And measure the level of interest. Then I fact find the health for both of them. Write down their health issues and Meds. I also get her phone number easily at that point if I didn't have it before.

Then I tell her OK I have all the info I need to do your research. (Hopefully there are a few medical issues that came up. ) Mrs. Smith as you probably already know most life insurance companies would decline your husband because of his insulin dependent diabetes. But in the state of Indiana there are seven companies that we work with that will approve him if we meet all the other right conditions. He's doing good on his weight and not smoking. I'm going to talk to these six and find out which one will make him the most favorable offer. I'm very certain I can get him a very attractive offer with no rate up for the diabetes.

What time tomorrow can I sit down with you and Harry together. There may be just a bit more information I need and I can give you accurate quotes. If you like everything we do your applications right then.

My opinion is you just turned a one legged door knock into a highly qualified appointment. You only spent 20-minutes of your time to get there. If it doesn't go well you pitch the lead and never have to drop back by to see if it's a potential sale.

I catch grief from Travis and my own team about how I do one leggers. But it has always made sense to me to move forward. You don't have anything either way if you don't come back and get in front of them. So why wouldn't you want to come back with a highly qualified appointment that you know what's going on or to burn the lead whichever way it's going to go and be done with it?

That's good info and it's the way Travis and most of our top agents say to do it. I do them different and catch a LOT of grief over what I do from all the "full time" FE guys. I'll toss it out there for discussion just because it works well for me even if it's the wrong way.

First of all if you are door knocking you probably either don't have a phone number or couldn't get them to answer. So just stopping by another time when they are both home is not a real easy thing to do anyway.

I go on in. Most of the time I'll be in front of the wife. I find the need. And measure the level of interest. Then I fact find the health for both of them. Write down their health issues and Meds. I also get her phone number easily at that point if I didn't have it before.

Then I tell her OK I have all the info I need to do your research. (Hopefully there are a few medical issues that came up. ) Mrs. Smith as you probably already know most life insurance companies would decline your husband because of his insulin dependent diabetes. But in the state of Indiana there are seven companies that we work with that will approve him if we meet all the other right conditions. He's doing good on his weight and not smoking. I'm going to talk to these six and find out which one will make him the most favorable offer. I'm very certain I can get him a very attractive offer with no rate up for the diabetes.

What time tomorrow can I sit down with you and Harry together. There may be just a bit more information I need and I can give you accurate quotes. If you like everything we do your applications right then.

My opinion is you just turned a one legged door knock into a highly qualified appointment. You only spent 20-minutes of your time to get there. If it doesn't go well you pitch the lead and never have to drop back by to see if it's a potential sale.

I catch grief from Travis and my own team about how I do one leggers. But it has always made sense to me to move forward. You don't have anything either way if you don't come back and get in front of them. So why wouldn't you want to come back with a highly qualified appointment that you know what's going on or to burn the lead whichever way it's going to go and be done with it?

Maybe it's because I'm not a "full time" FE guy either (wouldn't make any difference if I was), I don't see why you'd get grief. You're not trying to make a one-legged sale(that would be the sin), you're just trying to make a qualified appointment with a couple that you haven't been able to catch(together).

Maybe it's because I'm not a "full time" FE guy either (wouldn't make any difference if I was), I don't see why you'd get grief. You're not trying to make a one-legged sale(that would be the sin), you're just trying to make a qualified appointment with a couple that you haven't been able to catch(together).

Nothing wrong with his way. I just get the same result without spending as much time. Also now the husband can't say I don't have time this week just call him back and say don't come by etc.....

Oh John is not home? What time will he be around today, because he was wanting me to get some information out to him. Oh he don't get home from work each day until 4? Great, are you usually around about 4 also Mary? Good deal, when I get done for the day I will just swing by. See you later!!!

----------

Also if the card doesn't have a phone number I will ask whoever answers do they have a good number for the other person. Just in case I decide to call and set an appointment.

Nothing wrong with his way. I just get the same result without spending as much time. Also now the husband can't say I don't have time this week just call him back and say don't come by etc.....

Oh John is not home? What time will he be around today, because he was wanting me to get some information out to him. Oh he don't get home from work each day until 4? Great, are you usually around about 4 also Mary? Good deal, when I get done for the day I will just swing by. See you later!!!

----------

Also if the card doesn't have a phone number I will ask whoever answers do they have a good number for the other person. Just in case I decide to call and set an appointment.

Don't get me wrong, I like both ways and as I like to say, "there's more than one way to skin a cat". You can usually get a sense at the door which way might work better. Different things work on different people.:yes:

I think Bens approach is great. I think I do a similar version of Newby's but not exact.

I like to get in the door NO MATTER WHAT since I'm already there and then I kind of scope out the situation at hand using my years of experience.

First off I like to know that I'm not wasting my time and I make sure they are looking for final expense needs.

A perfect example is my first case I sold this morning after my 10 o'clock no-showed me. I started doorknocking a few leads and I got into a home where only the wife was home. So I sat down with her and assessed the situation and within 3 minutes found out that the husband and wife both had adequate coverage but they wanted coverage on their 37-year-old son.

I asked her if her son was home & she said yes so I dragged him out of the basement and sold him a 10 pay final expense plan.

Had I not walked into that house I might not have ever gotten back in to make that sale.

Back