Fixed Cost Direct Mail Lead Filters

Maybe that is why ACLI/Aetna quit paying commission on under 60?

I wish. I'm pretty sure it was adverse selection. Most people under 65 buying FE are on disability. Aetna wasn't terribly competitive at those ages on level, but did have a great graded product with reasonable prices.

So, I can't say I ever heard it straight from the company or someone with a direct line, but I'm pretty sure it was adverse selection.

I run the 60-83 filter for reasons stated. They're still working and can't manage the billing on a specific day of the month.

Maybe if they added a 4 week pay cycle it would work better? These people get paid weekly or every other week. Pay day is never the same day of the month.

I've had Americo use 2nd Friday before to acomplish that idea. They do day of week billing that works outside of just wednesdays.

I've had Americo use 2nd Friday before to acomplish that idea. They do day of week billing that works outside of just wednesdays.
Good point. What I've done in the past (when I have a client that gets paid every other week) is I looked at the calendar for the year & found the week that they get paid the most often and set the draft for then. Every little bit counts!

Good point. What I've done in the past (when I have a client that gets paid every other week) is I looked at the calendar for the year & found the week that they get paid the most often and set the draft for then. Every little bit counts!

I always cringe when they look to see when they get paid next (non-ss) I am thinking unless it's Feb we are screwed next month

Back