Hot Weather Tips for a First Summer FE Agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first summer ding FE and I have been outside hustling much more than I had in previous work, at least in a number of years. It gets pretty hot and humid sometimes and in addition to keeping water handy, do you vets have any other tips if we are going to be outside in the weather working? I don't like sacrificing evening productivity due to dehydration.

Try wearing body armor in this weather and carrying the clientele out of the house when they are critically sick. Pack a cooler with some water is in it and suck it up kid .

I just man up, slap on some shorts and a hit the road. Heat is one of the least important things to worry about. It's not like you are working construction all day under the sun or picking cotton in the fields like my ancestors.

Or maybe I am just genetically inclined to work all day in this heat because of my Mexican DNA?

This is light work dood! Sorry if I don't have sympathy in this situation BUT I DON'T

Matt, do you wear a sombrero with your shorts? :D

I just man up, slap on some shorts and a hit the road. Heat is one of the least important things to worry about. It's not like you are working construction all day under the sun or picking cotton in the fields like my ancestors.

Or maybe I am just genetically inclined to work all day in this heat because of my Mexican DNA?

This is light work dood! Sorry if I don't have sympathy in this situation BUT I DON'T

That. We basically get paid for talking.

Who said I was seeking sympathy? I dont have your DNA. IM 51 and not a kid. I have owned a construction company, so I do know what hard work is. If it wasnt an issue for me, then I wouldnt have brought it up. Im sucking it up and going out at every opportunity. I want be better so i ask. Maybe this isnt the place for that. But thanks for the sage advice.

This is my first summer ding FE and I have been outside hustling much more than I had in previous work, at least in a number of years. It gets pretty hot and humid sometimes and in addition to keeping water handy, do you vets have any other tips if we are going to be outside in the weather working? I don't like sacrificing evening productivity due to dehydration.

I make sure to cover myself in deodorant body spray before I go out on a hot day. That way, I may be sweating like a pig, but I'll still smell nice to those old lady clients sitting next to me on the couch. Because if my prospect doesn't tickle me with her index finger under my chin, and whisper in my ear "you smell good, tiger", I know there's not gonna be any sale today! :nah:

Who said I was seeking sympathy? I dont have your DNA. IM 51 and not a kid. I have owned a construction company, so I do know what hard work is. If it wasnt an issue for me, then I wouldnt have brought it up. Im sucking it up and going out at every opportunity. I want be better so i ask. Maybe this isnt the place for that. But thanks for the sage advice.

With that background you should not be so sensitive. Most construction guys get more grief over the fire barrel in winter or over coffee at dawn in summer waiting for first light.

Calm down.

61 year old agent.

Hang around here for awhile and you'll learn that some comments aren't meant to be taken too seriously. He was just being jovial. I think it's good that you're beating the streets in the heat, you gotta do what the other agents aren't willing to do, that's how you get ahead.

Spur deleted his post and that's a shame...I'm glad it was quoted because I couldn't agree more.

This is the easiest way to make $200k I've seen in a long time. Suck it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back