Most Complete Carrier

Then don't show them a savings of $20. Show them how they can leave their family X amount of MORE coverage for the same price. $3,000 to the client looks way better than $10 less.

I tend to show(100% made up rates)
$5,000 @ $39/M

$5,000 @ 28.50/M

$7250 @ $39/M

And say "which one makes the most sense to you...?"

United Heritage is one of the most complete package co's out there.The only thing they really don't take level is copd. I heard Reardon is no longer with them.

It's hard to replace them. I've shown people premiums $10-20 less per month and they still say they want to stick with it. Some people just don't want to change their insurance.

Any company can be replaced if an agent sets his mind to it. That is one reason no company has 100% persistency. From what I have seen and heard, it seems LH persistency is about average with the rest of the industry.

Any company can be replaced if an agent sets his mind to it. That is one reason no company has 100% persistency. From what I have seen and heard, it seems LH persistency is about average with the rest of the industry.

I understand the don't believe it unless there is proof stuff. But as an agent you definitely have to breathe a sigh of relief when they pull that policy out and have a Lincoln Heritage, Old American, Columbian, Bankers Life or American Memorial/Assurant compared to if they pull out something like Standard Life and Casuality, Oxford, KSKJ or Gerber (provided the Gerber was placed correctly.)

It's very easy for a good agent to replace a high priced policy AND do it because there is good reason to. I mean the person wouldn't be sending in the lead card if they weren't activly looking to see if they can get a better deal.

That alone should tell you what you need to know.

IMO, unless you are captive with one carrier you should not have a primary co.
I use 1 often. I use 2 more as needed. Then, i have several i almost never use. Now, if it was better for my client i would use it.

See you just flipped there. Everyone should have a primary carrier with competitive rates, easy to understand underwriting, and ability to cover a niche condition.

Primary carrier
Secondary to fill in others weakness
Guaranteed issue
Others as unusual medical issues come up

Back