Question About Appointment Setting

jill999

I'm new to this forum and am considering taking a job for a well known final expense insurance firm setting appointments for their agents. While I don't have experience in this particular field, I have extensive experience selling over the telephone, have a pleasing personality and voice. I'm a quick learner as well so I doubt I'll have any problems learning the ropes.

My concern is that this company pays $5 per appointment which I have come to find by doing a little research is on the very low side. I have read posts on this forum where people talk about paying $10 to $20 per appointment plus "spiffs" of $25 per successful sale. After talking to me several times this company is eager to get me on board. Should I just tell them flat out that I want more per appointment or can anyone with experience suggest a better approach? Thank you in advance.

I've hired and worked with a great deal of telemarketers and I would pay my filipinos better than $5/appointment if that means anything. That said, are they giving you a cold list or lead cards of folks that have expressed interest in the product already? Personally I usually pay $10-$15/hour plus a bonus based on quality (not necessarily sales). Technically paying per sale is a commission split and in most states, if not all, completely illegal.

To put it in another light, if they were putting you on a straight cold calling list and having you dial by hand, I could even offer you twice what they're offering plus put you on a dialer so you'd be making 2-3 times the number of calls so in theory you'd be booking more appointments, maybe even twice as many.

There are several agents I know that would be happy to hire you as an independent telemarketer. You would likely have better working conditions (from your home), less pressure, and a earn more money.

Send me an email (address below) with your contact information.

Rick

I'm new to this forum and am considering taking a job for a well known final expense insurance firm setting appointments for their agents. While I don't have experience in this particular field, I have extensive experience selling over the telephone, have a pleasing personality and voice. I'm a quick learner as well so I doubt I'll have any problems learning the ropes.

My concern is that this company pays $5 per appointment which I have come to find by doing a little research is on the very low side. I have read posts on this forum where people talk about paying $10 to $20 per appointment plus "spiffs" of $25 per successful sale. After talking to me several times this company is eager to get me on board. Should I just tell them flat out that I want more per appointment or can anyone with experience suggest a better approach? Thank you in advance.

I set my own appointments from my leads and have never really wanted to turn it over to another person but, if you would call and set them for $5 per appointment, we need to talk.:yes:

I set my own appointments from my leads and have never really wanted to turn it over to another person but, if you would call and set them for $5 per appointment, we need to talk.:yes:

Wolud be hard to make a living on 10 -12 appointments per week.. even in the Philippines... :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies to my post everyone. I am meeting with someone at their home office on Tuesday and will know much more then, however, I was told that they advertise in various publications and the people I would be calling are people who have mailed something in requesting information. There was no mention of using a dialer. The way it has been explained to me is that they would refer how ever many agents to me that I felt I could handle appointments for and each agent would be giving me an initial $50 deposit and subsequent $5 per appointment. No mention of bonuses or anything else. I'm in Georgia so I think it is legal to offer compensation based on performance rather than hourly. The person I've been talking to mentioned giving me a script to work off of but that's about it.

All I can say is that when I worked setting appointments for a timeshare company, I was regularly their top performer. I've also recently set appointments for a window treatment company so I'm quite sure I can do this work without too much trouble. I, as most people, consider my compensation to be my biggest motivator. If I can really earn $15 to $20 per appointment plus bonuses for successful sales, I would be very happy.

Back