Recording Your Presentation to Make More $$$

Agentguy5

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vero Beach
Ok, so have any of you guys ever recorded yourself and Learned from what you heard?

The reason for the post is that I simply have a hard time getting agents to commit to recording themselves while making a presentation with a prospect.

After the first time recording myself making a presentation, I immediately heard stuff that was terrible... and it was all on me... and within days, my closing ratio went way up.... because I CHANGED

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so have any of you guys ever recorded yourself and Learned from what you heard?

The reason for the post is that I simply have a hard time getting agents to commit to recording themselves while making a presentation with a prospect.

After the first time recording myself making a presentation, I immediately heard stuff that was terrible... and it was all on me... and within days, my closing ratio went way up.... because I CHANGED

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yodPo1TY48

This advice is gold. When I was at EFES, i recorded a presentation and Travis played it on a training call. I was a month or so into the business and near to starving. Got some very helpful direction and thats when I started learning to sell.

It was a great example because it should have been a slam dunk. It was a replacement of a brand new LH policy that was significantly more expensive than the RNA policy I was offering. I could not close it.

I still do it from time to time. Still amazed at what I catch, mostly lazy habits that creep in over time. Listening to yourself on the hunt will help you develop healthy humility and tighten your game.

This advice is gold. When I was at EFES, i recorded a presentation and Travis played it on a training call. I was a month or so into the business and near to starving. Got some very helpful direction and thats when I started learning to sell.

It was a great example because it should have been a slam dunk. It was a replacement of a brand new LH policy that was significantly more expensive than the RNA policy I was offering. I could not close it.

I still do it from time to time. Still amazed at what I catch, mostly lazy habits that creep in over time. Listening to yourself on the hunt will help you develop healthy humility and tighten your game.

I remember you sitting on the porch swing with the sweet old lady and you had to talk to her son FOREVER on the phone getting him sold on the idea. Then he told her to go ahead with it! Was a good sale and a pretty day!

Recorders are a HUGE part of Travis's training program. One of the best tools ever invented.

I just want to put this out there for discussion or what ever.

I have been in sales for 40 years or more. from car sales to drug paraphernalia to mortgages to advertising and other jobs I have forgotten about. My general impression of the quality of the salespeople that I have worked with over the years is not very favorable. Most of them are very lazy, work from paycheck to paycheck. When they have a good week they will usually take the next week off. they do just enough to get by.

I must say there are some pretty sharp people in this forum. Most people here seem to genuinely want to get better. Many of the people here go out of their way to offer helpful pointers and tips to others seeking help.

Take me for instance. I work just enough to pay my bills and have a little fun. My office is a mess, nothing is organized and I have files all over the place. Basically, I do just enough to get by. I make a few calls on Tuesday, run leads on Wed and half of Thursday and go home.

Then you have guys like Agentguy5, Spurcity and Boman, and Newby etc., that make all kinds of recordings, offer all kinds of help to others and then go out and sell week in and week out.

I have to believe that the overall talent pool of most of the guys in this forum is much better than the average salesmen from most other walks of life.

If your new in this business and truly want to get better and happened to find your way to this forum, all you have to do is pay attention.

I remember you sitting on the porch swing with the sweet old lady and you had to talk to her son FOREVER on the phone getting him sold on the idea. Then he told her to go ahead with it! Was a good sale and a pretty day!

Ha! I just saw her about a month ago at a gas station. She asked me about you too! I told her you're now a Chipindales dancer.

----------

Recorders are a HUGE part of Travis's training program. One of the best tools ever invented.

No doubt. You gotta be ready to eat some humble pie. But you will improve.

How to increase sales by recording yourself - YouTube

Good video and good information. Thanks for sharing.

Recordings are the most important part of success. You can shadow others, read books, or buy the best leads, but none of those matter unless you are critical of yourself. Great post Doug.

Back