Did you just lose your favorite fraternal?

If your selling final expense and don’t work leads and haven’t lost a plan in 3 yrs your vol can’t be that great . To do big vol you need heavy lead flow its that simple
Correct, I don't have big volumes. Final expense isn't the only thing I sell. Like I said, if you don't oversell your customer's financial ability and you don't high-pressure, the quality of the business produced is much better. Yes, I get it, if you sell 10 policies this week using high-pressure and overselling those that you high-pressure, and have a 75% retention by year's end because of such techniques; you make a lot more money than the guy who sells 3 a week and has 99% 13-month and 25-month retention rates. But then, the discussion was about persistency, and not about how to make the most money (even when about 25% of your customers are ultimately worse off for having met you).

Correct, I don't have big volumes. Final expense isn't the only thing I sell. Like I said, if you don't oversell your customer's financial ability and you don't high-pressure, the quality of the business produced is much better. Yes, I get it, if you sell 10 policies this week using high-pressure and overselling those that you high-pressure, and have a 75% retention by year's end because of such techniques; you make a lot more money than the guy who sells 3 a week and has 99% 13-month and 25-month retention rates. But then, the discussion was about persistency, and not about how to make the most money (even when about 25% of your customers are ultimately worse off for having met you).

What if you sell 10 per week without using any of that bullshit?

You can pretend to make it about anything you want but the reason anyone does this is to make money. Who cares if they have 100% persistency on both policies they sold? They aren't making money.

As for 10 a week, that's just hyperbole. That's 500 applications per year. There's only a handful of FE agents writing 500 applications per year.

Nor is having volume and high persistency a unicorn. FEX had an agent write over $500K last year. I know for a fact his persistency with his two major carriers was north of 90%.

It's OK to speculate but it's also good to keep in mind that sometimes you just don't know what you don't know.

Back