Settlers Announcement Postcard

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Received a postcard from Settlers today. It was announcing their new telephone application... Even though there was some fine print that said information on the Bontell tour and applications would be sent by email, I had the distinct impression the card was announcing he roll out of the telephone process and it was available now but I thought I might need to call to make sure.. Well, you guessed it! The process is not available now and will not be until April at the earliest. :twitchy:

Received a postcard from Settlers today. It was announcing their new telephone application... Even though there was some fine print that said information on the Bontell tour and applications would be sent by email, I had the distinct impression the card was announcing he roll out of the telephone process and it was available now but I thought I might need to call to make sure.. Well, you guessed it! The process is not available now and will not be until April at the earliest. :twitchy:

Interesting. I wonder if they will let independent agents working from home produce telesales apps.

I'm piloting it this month and the answer to remote sales is still no for now. We are required to see the client f2f. The app is taking 20 - 25 minutes with the ultimate goal of 18 minutes to complete.

PS scripts are run at the beginning and questioned then. This will cut out any script declines early and enable us to place elsewhere if able.

I'm piloting it this month and the answer to remote sales is still no for now. We are required to see the client f2f. The app is taking 20 - 25 minutes with the ultimate goal of 18 minutes to complete.

PS scripts are run at the beginning and questioned then. This will cut out any script declines early and enable us to place elsewhere if able.

Thats brutal. I do know they are recruiting call centers to also sell, however wasnt sure if they opened it up to individual agents to work remotely.

Even at 18 minutes, that's tough for telesales.

Of course it would be nice for it to be quicker, but if they can do it as well as RNA they will be fine. There's nothing better than walking out of the house and knowing that your work on that client is complete, no paperwork to be scanned and faxed etc.

I will mention that there's one caveat on that, if there's a replacement form you still have to have one signed and sent in, in which case they recommend just sticking with the original EPOS system.

That's big. I asked LBl to do that but had no success. But call NEEDS to be 18-20min, can't be pushing 25min to work IMO.

Of course it would be nice for it to be quicker, but if they can do it as well as RNA they will be fine. There's nothing better than walking out of the house and knowing that your work on that client is complete, no paperwork to be scanned and faxed etc.

I will mention that there's one caveat on that, if there's a replacement form you still have to have one signed and sent in, in which case they recommend just sticking with the original EPOS system.

RNA asking for banking info before they do the medical and before knowing if the person is approved is one of the dumbest things an insurance company has come up with.

The only thing these voice sig app save time is the faxing. What's it take to fax an app? 2-3 minutes. So they keep me on the phone 20 minutes more to save me 3 minutes?

RNA asking for banking info before they do the medical and before knowing if the person is approved is one of the dumbest things an insurance company has come up with.

The only thing these voice sig app save time is the faxing. What's it take to fax an app? 2-3 minutes. So they keep me on the phone 20 minutes more to save me 3 minutes?

You know what JD...sometimes you make a lot of sense.:yes:;)

If you look at overall time in completing an application, faxing it then checking to make sure it is placed. Then compare that to a 20 minute phone based application and probably breaks out even. People do it because they like knowing when they leave the
house its done.

Once you take a paper application and you start to have problems getting it through pending business/underwriting then the phone based application wins.

But the beauty of the job is you can write whoever you want and I'll write whoever I want and will still both be happy in the end.

Back