Settlers Life Re Rated "pre Diabetic"

lifeagent007

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey guys just thought I'd throw this one out here for you all. Just got an email from settlers. One of my cases got rerated from gold to silver because the client told the health interviewer she is not diabetic but was told she is "prediabetic" her dr. Told her to to eat healthy or she could become diabetic later in life if she is not careful. But her dr also confirmed she is NOT diabetic.

Called settlers and was told their stance is there is no such thing as prediabetic and that your either diabetic or your not.

Long story short settlers considers prediabetic as having diabetites.

Hey guys just thought I'd throw this one out here for you all. Just got an email from settlers. One of my cases got rerated from gold to silver because the client told the health interviewer she is not diabetic but was told she is "prediabetic" her dr. Told her to to eat healthy or she could become diabetic later in life if she is not careful. But her dr also confirmed she is NOT diabetic.

Called settlers and was told their stance is there is no such thing as prediabetic and that your either diabetic or your not.

I was recently told that I'm pre-diabetic. The Dr. said that I'm not diabetic. I then asked him if I was taking out insurance if I can say that I don't have diabetes. He said that's correct, you do not have diabetes.

I guess that's a good example of telling the PI not to volunteer information...answer the questions honestly as they're asked. She should've just answered no.

You have to understand, these dummies (proposed insureds) are walking, eating, air breathing brain donors. You have to explain to them to answer honestly with a simple yes or no....dont have a conversation with the interviewer unless they ask you about something specific at the end of the interview......smh.

I was recently told that I'm pre-diabetic. The Dr. said that I'm not diabetic. I then asked him if I was taking out insurance if I can say that I don't have diabetes. He said that's correct, you do not have diabetes.

I guess that's a good example of telling the PI not to volunteer information...answer the questions honestly as they're asked. She should've just answered no.

Yes well I wasn't there for the call back. Couldn't do a enhanced pos because of 1035 exchange. Settlers nurse called back next day without me there and bang....

It just frustrates me when a company does this kind of thing. It's like saying someone is denyed because they have high blood pressure.... "Well it could lead to a heart attack in the future so... He has had a heart attack"

Last edited:
Doctors do label people with pre-diabetes all the time. It's elevated blood sugars and indicates a high risk of getting diabetes within the next few years. But it shouldn't be treated as having diabetes by the underwriters. I would call Settlers and speak to someone higher up in underwriting. Or call Steve Bontell.

If that doesn't fix it, just write it with Oxford or RNA. They would take that case even if the person were on insulin.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prediabetes/basics/definition/con-20024420

Long story short settlers considers prediabetic as having diabeties.

Actually, there is such a thing as a prediabetes. It's where your A1C levels are between 5.7 & 6.4 percent.

Back