What is an Average ROI?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have spent about $4800 on leads since starting my weekly order. Sold about $20,000AP, but have over 40 that I haven't made contact with yet. Right now I have spent $1 to make $4. That will improve with 40+ possibilities. Saw a post where the agent said he would spend $100,000 to make $200,000. I would like to average 5 to 1 ROI.

We know the internet space more than DM, but a 25% acquisition cost of a piece of business is great in my opinion. Keep that up and scale it while optimizing over time. With internet leads from quality sources, you can get a 30-35% acquisition but not much better than that.

We know the internet space more than DM, but a 25% acquisition cost of a piece of business is great in my opinion. Keep that up and scale it while optimizing over time. With internet leads from quality sources, you can get a 30-35% acquisition but not much better than that.

You have final expense leads that come from the internet? How are you doing that?

You have final expense leads that come from the internet? How are you doing that?

We do, but not by targeting them. We market term primarily, but passively pick up a few hundred FE leads a month because it is listed on our pages. They sell pretty well by phone for what it is worth. I was just saying a "Spend $1 to make $4" is great by any standards in marketing acquistion vs. revenue.

We do, but not by targeting them. We market term primarily, but passively pick up a few hundred FE leads a month because it is listed on our pages. They sell pretty well by phone for what it is worth. I was just saying a "Spend $1 to make $4" is great by any standards in marketing acquistion vs. revenue.

Oh man that's cool. To have a site that generated FE leads would be sweet. Do you ever sell your FE leads?

Oh man that's cool. To have a site that generated FE leads would be sweet. Do you ever sell your FE leads?

We are starting to target that traffic and seeing if it is viable. Too early to tell though. If it is viable, we will create a lead program around it like we did for term and make it 100% telesales. Probably going to be at least 2-3 months down the road.

I don't think internet leads are a good lead source to rely on for Final Expense. The problem with these leads is that it is mainly well off people, who are looking for general life insurance (Term, UL and FU WL). Most of us who sell FE ONLY offer FE. Sorry, but a 60-year old looking for $500,000 of Term to pay off the mortgage on the McMansion he and his second wife bought is NOT going to be interested in a $30,000 Americo final expense policy for 141 bucks per month. With these leads, you just have another layer of suspects to sort through before you get to the prospects.

I found the old avatar TM leads to be better for FE, because they were more narrowly targeted at the Final Expense demographic. :yes:

Sell that guy a lifecrest from Americo, most of your FE carriers have other options.

I have spent about $4800 on leads since starting my weekly order. Sold about $20,000AP, but have over 40 that I haven't made contact with yet. Right now I have spent $1 to make $4. That will improve with 40+ possibilities. Saw a post where the agent said he would spend $100,000 to make $200,000. I would like to average 5 to 1 ROI.

Billy, your numbers are spot-on for long-term success in final expense.

Whatever you're doing (probably fixed price direct mail, right?), please do not change a thing.

Well, if you DO change anything, just scale it up to make more income.

Billy, your numbers are spot-on for long-term success in final expense.

Whatever you're doing (probably fixed price direct mail, right?), please do not change a thing.

Well, if you DO change anything, just scale it up to make more income.

What are your thoughts on limiting yourself to 15 leads compared to Spur's plan of buying 50 a week? My experience has been a higher roi on 15 leads since follow up is easier, but I net more with higher lead orders even though my roi ratio is lower.

Back